Bargain Steam Link - £15.99

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The steam link box is on sale for £15.99 from Game - a bargain if you ask me!

It'll allow you to stream Steam games from your PC so that you can play them on your TV :). It's great if you've got a wireless controller and want to play games console-style :).

http://www.game.co.uk/en/steam-link-816924

Seems like a bit of a steal to me!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The steam link box is on sale for £15.99 from Game - a bargain if you ask me!

It'll allow you to stream Steam games from your PC so that you can play them on your TV :). It's great if you've got a wireless controller and want to play games console-style :).

http://www.game.co.uk/en/steam-link-816924

Seems like a bit of a steal to me!

Cheers for the info. Ordered one as I can not be bothered to drive eight miles to the nearest shop. An I have a five meter HDMI to see me through.
beer.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Like TXD I have a long HDMI cable and an HDMI splitter but I don't have a TV. But I do have a 40" monitor where a TV would normally reside so that'll do me.

But tbh all I usually watch on the big monitor from my PC are films. And play Xbox One games. And watch one of the 12 Bluray films I own :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well it works. However for Borderlands 2 it keeps on freezing if running under wi-fi. Works well with a ethernet connection but that means a cable so what is the point.:rolleyes:

Did not realise you had to connect a controller or kb/m to the darn thing, I thought that it would pick up signals from the controller or kb/m on the main pc. So if I want to use it I have to swap the controller from the pc or buy another one :rolleyes:

This is not ideal as for some reason I need a kb/m to start Borderlands 2 as I can not get it to start to play from a controller.

All in all a bit of a waste of loot for me. :cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's shame! At least you've got a steam controller already :).

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That's shame! At least you've got a steam controller already :).

Apparently it works well with those plug in ethernet extenders, the ones that use your house wiring. So I may get me a set and try as there is a plug behind the tv so a short ethernet cable would be no problem/unsightly.
I'll have a think.

:cool:

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question