Steam error code 118 ... Solved

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
yes I know, "I don't do Steam" ... well, I bought a couple of games that "need" :confused: Steam. :confused: :rolleyes:

So! how do I fix their servers. :sleep:

The games do play, but I cannot update or get the free 'DLC' ... I really not liking this (insert lots of swear words here)

:(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Last day of the holiday sale, servers are probably getting hammered.

Try again later, after 6pm or tomorrow. ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
:rolleyes:

yeah, right!

A bit stupid to have 'accounts' on the same servers as the Shop ... especially as there is nothing wrong with the Shop. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

muckshifter

Reaction score
thought I'd just check before I go to bed ...

"Error 503 Service Unavailable"

:lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Set up a proxy and see what happens then.

Why?

Why do I have to jump through hoops to fix Steam's short-sightedness. It is, apparently, a normal 'thing' to have no access to your account when there is a Steam sale on ... sorry, but to me that is a pretty stupid state of affairs. I'm sure a Steam could get a couple of extra servers to deal with the crush, apparently not! :rolleyes:

and

as the Yanks are now in bed, I have access once again! Shame I still cannot find where I redeem the code for the 'free' DLC that came with the game I bought. :(

What I though was notification I could download my add-on, turned out to be some spam about trading cards I cannot use. :rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Click 'Games' at the top, activate your code via that menu.

muckshifter

Reaction score
err, yous gonna have to be a bit more explicit ... I found the menu 'game' and, now what?

I click the icon, click games, then ... ??

oh, 'angon ... activate product on Steam ... in that menu

one sec.

well I'll go to the top of our stairs

:thumb: :dance: :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So what did you buy ? Must have been good to make you go through all that Steam trauma. :lol:

muckshifter

Reaction score
So what did you buy ? Must have been good to make you go through all that Steam trauma. :lol:

I bought, Europa Universalis IV having played EU III (didn't need Steam to stay installed) off-n-on for some time ... they done a lot of work on improvements to the game. :)

I spend more time paused than letting it run. :lol:

oh, and it works on Linux, so at least when Windows id done, I still have a game to play. :D

ah, thanks for that FBS, explains a lot!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah DERP DDos'ed Steam too? W*****s. They've been doing EA, LoL and all sorts for the past week or so... Silly little kids.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I bought, Europa Universalis IV having played EU III (didn't need Steam to stay installed) off-n-on for some time ... they done a lot of work on improvements to the game. :)

I spend more time paused than letting it run. :lol:

oh, and it works on Linux, so at least when Windows id done, I still have a game to play. :D

ah, thanks for that FBS, explains a lot!

Righty ho it looks like a good game for a rpg. Once you have registered and installed games from Steam you can usually play them in off-line mode if that helps. :cool:

Ask a Question