Stationary

G

Hello,

We would like to begin using stationary for our emails. Users have Outlook 2000. We used MS Word to create a template, and save the template as HTML. Then we use Outlook, go to Create a new stationary based on a file, and then select the HTML file.
The problem is that none of the images or text in our HTML file are carried over into the stationary! We have our company logo at the top, our address and phone number at the bottom, and a small brand logo for one of the products we manufacture. They all show fine in MS Word, but the HTML file displays as blank when opened with Internet Explorer, and it's blank when converted to stationary.
I know Word isn't the best HTML editor, but why do they even have the option to "Save as HTML" if it doesn't work with such a simple document?
Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this work? The other issue is that we would like to lock the contents of the stationary such that when we type the logos are not moved around by the new text being added.

Thanks!
Thomas Dietrich
(e-mail address removed)
MCSE, MCSA, MCP, A+, APS, HP SP, CSP

G

Well, I understand your reasoning behind that suggestion, but I don't think that's the issue. When you use Word to Save As HTML it automatically creates a new folder called %DOCNAME_FILES%, and places all of the images inside that folder. I could see that being the problem if our text was displayed without any images, but neither the text nor the images are being displayed in the stationary

I used Frontpage to create an HTML file with frames (top frame, main frame, bottom frame), and placed the desired images and information accordingly. That page will display fine in Internet Explorer, but it's still blank if I try to create the stationary. Oddly, the frame data is retained (I can see the frames in the stationary), but none of the text or images are displayed..

Any other ideas

Ask a Question