start up problems

Sometimes after i log on to windows my desktop will not load. It goes to a
blue screen. The only way I can get my desktop up is by pressing control alt
delete (task manager, new task). It does it 75% of the time.
Any help?
Thank you

Will Denny

Hi

Try a System Restore back to a point before the problem started.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Shell/User

Please reply to the Newgroups

i did try it thank you, but it did not help.):

JENN said:
Sometimes after i log on to windows my desktop will not load. It goes to a
blue screen. The only way I can get my desktop up is by pressing control alt
delete (task manager, new task). It does it 75% of the time.
Any help?
Thank you

What BSOD message, we need the exact wording of the message if it is fast
then try this:
On windows right click My Computer and select properties from the drop down
list, then click on Advanced tab and click on StartUp and Recovery Settings
Button.
There make sure these boxes is check and the third one not checked:
System Failure:
[ √ ] Write an event to the system log <check this box>
[ √ ] Send an Administrator alert <check this box>
[ ] Automatically restart <uncheck this box>

Then Reboot your machine and see if you will capture the BSOD and write down
then post.
If you can't then do the following:
Open a Run command and type in:
eventvwr.msc click [OK] on the Event Viewer double click any Error
messages to get more Info on the causer and you can copy and paste in your
If you have Anti-virus program Run and also scan for malwares and Run the
Disk CleanUp and check disk.
HTH.
Let us know.
nass

db

the causes of most issues can
be recognized by observing if
the o.s. is stable is safe mode...

let us know of your results...

- db
Sometimes after i log on to windows my desktop will not load. It goes to a
blue screen. The only way I can get my desktop up is by pressing control alt
delete (task manager, new task). It does it 75% of the time.
Any help?
Thank you

Peter Foldes

db

Is there a reason why you are posting in HTML?

--
Peter