Start menu

Stephen

The Start menu contains shortcuts to the most recently used programs. A
while ago I was doing some unusual work and I used some rarely-used
programs quite often over a short period, so they appeared on this part of
the Start menu. Afterwards (about 10 days ago), when I reverted to a more
typical mode of work, I cleared this menu in an effort to 'start again'. I
thought that it would repopulate with each program I then used.

However, repopulation has been sporadic (to say the least). The list is now
quite short with lots of 'white space' below it. (I have the number of
programs set to 15, but only 5 have appeared.) Some programs I use do not
get added to the list. Another that I used once yesterday got added straight
away. Today, Windows Defender (that has been installed and automatically
scanning daily for many weeks) appeared on the list!

Can anyone throw any light on this, or help me to better understand how the
list works?

Thanks,
Stephen

David Webb

If you don't find a solution to your present access methods, you may want to
consider enabling the Quick Launch tool bar and populate it with shortcuts to
your most commonly used applications.

You could then disable the Personalized Menus option and have a clear view of
all installed applications on your system..