From: "Lee" <[email protected]>
Subject: Start Menu
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:56:08 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

How can I remove the Search from the Start menu
--

Lee,

The easiest way would be to create a policy to remove it. In the policy editor go to User Configuration\Administrative
Templates\Start Menu & Taskbar and then enable "Remove Search menu from Start Menu".

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Lee" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:56:08 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.registry

How can I remove the Search from the Start menu
--

Lee,

The easiest way would be to create a policy to remove it. In the policy editor go to User Configuration\Administrative
Templates\Start Menu & Taskbar and then enable "Remove Search menu from Start Menu".

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Mark V

This is a POS system and we do not want clerks to use it
for anything else.

Then would it not be better (if possible) to run the POS application as
the GUI shell?

Mark V

This is a POS system and we do not want clerks to use it
for anything else.

Then would it not be better (if possible) to run the POS application as
the GUI shell?

Bob I

You probably should talk to the POS software vendor to set the system up
properly, or you are going to spend the rest of your career trying to
close the holes the clerks discover.