Windows XP Start menu and Taskbar missing

Reaction score
When I started up my computer my start menu and icons weren't on my screen. I restarted and logged on it as a new user several times; they still are not there. I don't even see a tiny gray line for my taskbar, and when I press Ctrl Alt and Delete. There's nothing under the file tab except to exit out of the Task Manager. Help me please!!!!!!!!!

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Has someone taken a snapshot of your desktop, modded it and set it as the background? :lol:

Try changing your desktop background to something else.

I love doing that.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Has someone taken a snapshot of your desktop, modded it and set it as the background?
laughingsmiley.gif

Try changing your desktop background to something else.

I love doing that.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :lol: :lol: So i'm not the only evil one then..?. So far this morning I have caught 3 people out..And the same thing is they all sit in pretty much the same office space...hehe me bad

Reaction score
What is OS, and no no one has taken a picture of my computer and saved it as my screensaver. How do I get to the control panel to adjust my screen saver; without my start menu and taskbar?

Reaction score
kembowchemistry said:
What is OS, and no no one has taken a picture of my computer and saved it as my screensaver. How do I get to the control panel to adjust my screen saver; without my start menu and taskbar?

OS, is the Windows what windows are you using XP Vista? Go to my computer then click on the control panel icon. Then click on display. then system for windows version.

Thanks,
Wiz

Reaction score
Oh, it's Windows Xp and it also says Vista capable. I tried to find it when I clicked on the Task Manager. However; when I clicked on My Computer the Control Panel task was not on there. My start menu does not appear when I push the Windows button or when I push Esc and Ctrl.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Okay I got my task bar and start menu back onto my computer screen. Now when I'm on some web pages. It says "Done but with errors on page". How do I fix that??

Reaction score
kembowchemistry said:
Okay I got my task bar and start menu back onto my computer screen. Now when I'm on some web pages. It says "Done but with errors on page". How do I fix that??

Hi,

Can I ask how you got your task bar and start menu back on as I have exactly the same problem and it's driving me mad, I can't get into control panel due to lack of start menu.

Regards

Shirley

Ask a Question