Stand By

G

I have an ATI 3D Rage II+PCI video card. When I try to put the computer on standby I get the message saying "The device driver for the 'ATI Technologies Inc. 3D RAGE II+PCI' device is preventing the machine from entering stanby. Please close all applications and try again. If problem persist, you may need to update this driver

I have gone to the ATI web site and the recommended drive is the one on my XP CD. Does anyone knows the fix to this?

Thanks,

C

CS

I have an ATI 3D Rage II+PCI video card. When I try to put the computer on standby I get the message saying "The device driver for the 'ATI Technologies Inc. 3D RAGE II+PCI' device is preventing the machine from entering stanby. Please close all applications and try again. If problem persist, you may need to update this driver.

I have gone to the ATI web site and the recommended drive is the one on my XP CD. Does anyone knows the fix to this?.

Thanks,

Unless there's an updated driver for that video card that's MS
certified, standby is not going to work. You might try to use an
older driver instead, one that's MS certified. The ATI web site
should have a list of drivers for that particular card.

Ask a Question