St.Georges Day

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
April 23rd is St.Georges day .
What have you got planned ...let us know..
If your buying anything then if this Tesco report is anything to go by, they are way out of order.
My whole family will be wearing the national top and eating all good English grub..
It makes me feel so proud :thumb:

SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has removed the cross of St George from labels on its English products.

However, foods from Wales, Scotland and Ireland will continue to boast their national colours. '

A Tesco spokeswoman said:

'Traditionally, English produce has been labelled with a Union Jack - only a very small number of products would ever have carried a St George's flag.

'Customer research has shown us that, once customers know a product is British, if it is from England they are most interested in knowing the region where it was produced.

'This is what we are moving towards with our produce labelling.'

Please also Vote
Should St.George's Day be a National Holiday ?

CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW !

Please note this is the busiest part of our website with over 400,000 votes.
If you cant get on immediately please be patient.

Why not support our
St. George's Day Campaign
and get involved

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing planned here, and I have to admit I've never really dont anything for St Georges day. I'd quite like it if there was a bit of a day made of it :)

I'd always go out for a drink on St Patricks day (as I'm sure thats what national holidays are for, even ones for other countries ;)).

I don't know any Scots that celebrate St. Andrews day, although I know a few Welsh people that celebrate St David's day - probably only because its a good chance to have a drink and get together in another country.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
St Georges day is also my step-dad's birthday, so we celebrate that! :)

I hope it does become a national holiday, English Pride could do with a little re-kindling...!

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
St Georges day is also my step-dad's birthday, so we celebrate that! :)

I hope it does become a national holiday, English Pride could do with a little re-kindling...!
Bet the PC brigade stop it, as it's sure to offend someone:(
Even though the Irish, Scots & Welsh have their own day to party.

Reaction score
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco has removed the cross of St George from labels on its English products.
However, foods from Wales, Scotland and Ireland will continue to boast their national colours. '

What a load of crap I am Welsh and I fail to see the point Tesco are trying to make, cut England out indeed? Now I find that disgusting:mad: , if produced in the UK put the union jack on the product or include St George’s flag along with Wales, Scotland and Ireland after all we are supposed to be BRITISH.

You are a proud nation in my eyes:thumb: , and I cannot see any reason for you not having a declared holiday
nod.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Itsme

if produced in the UK put the union jack on the product

yes ..well said lets either have all individual nations recognised or 1 as a whole :thumb:

Reaction score
fly the flag

Well let’s see the Irish party when it's St.Patricks day, Scots have Burns night & Hogmanay & the Welsh have St.Davids day. So lets have St.Georges day. The loony councils like Brent will of course not like it, but then who can take a council seriously who declared in the 80’s that they were a nuclear free zone! Did anyone tell the Russians?

Last edited:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The place where i live was a nuclear free zone and we had the signs to prove it...but they came down about four years ago....i wonder why...:lol:

Reaction score
Well it's my birthday on St Georges day so I will be wearing an England shirt and having a drink or two to celebrate :D

And I reckon it should be a national holiday and celebrated
nod.gif

Reaction score
mudfrog said:
Well it's my birthday on St Georges day so I will be wearing an England shirt and having a drink or two to celebrate :D

And I reckon it should be a national holiday and celebrated
nod.gif
Mudfrog i agree in future it should be a public holiday to enable us to drink in your honour:thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Murdoch
Mudfrog i agree in future it should be a public holiday to enable us to drink in your honour:thumb:

The Mud frog Bankie holidaie :thumb:

Reaction score
Sounds good to me guys :D
Any excuse to have drink :thumb:

As it's my birthday I will allow you all to have the day off this St Georges day
nod.gif
(Well it is a Sunday :D)

All hail mudfog
bowdown.gif

Reaction score
mudfrog said:
Sounds good to me guys :D
Any excuse to have drink :thumb:

As it's my birthday I will allow you all to have the day off this St Georges day
nod.gif
(Well it is a Sunday :D)

All hail mudfog
bowdown.gif
I try not to work on Sundays, i tell my boss it's the only day i get to meditate, well it's true, it just happens to be in the 2 horse shoes:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Yeah, I can always meditate better with a pint in one hand and a footy match on a big screen tv in the background :D
Well football is a religion you know ;)

Ask a Question