SQL Management Studio in Vista Ultimate

Victor Turegano

Hi, I'm having problems installing SQL Management Studio in Windows Vista.
I'm using a SQL Server DVD to install only the Management Tools

When I try to install I get this error message: "Error 1706: Setup cannot
find the required files. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM
drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\SETUP.CHM."

When setup finishes, it shows an error icon next to OWC11 and Worstation
Components and there's no "SQL Management Studio" icon in the start menu.

I've already tried to use SP2 installable to install. It does the same
thing.

Anyone knows how to install this in Windows Vista?

Thank you

Ken Zhao [MSFT]

Hello Victor,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, it seems the issue is related to SQL Management Studio
setup in Windows Vista. I suggest you post to
Microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup newsgroup where other peers will provide
you with the information or experience.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thanks & Regards,

Ken Zhao