Windows XP Spybot System internals

Reaction score
I have found this in the system internals scan and was wondering what they are or if their safe to delete?

Category:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\cmmgr32.exe

Filename: cmmgr32.exe

Data:

Category: Wrong app path

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\encarta.exe

Filename: encarta.exe

Data:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\MOH.exe

Filename: MOH.exe

Data:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\setup.exe

Filename: setup.exe

Data:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\table30.exe

Filename: table30.exe

Data:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\VcSetup.exe

Filename: VcSetup.exe

Data:

Reaction score
encarta.exe is Mircosoft Encarta

MOH.exe is Medal Of Honour

I don't know about the rest

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The Spybot system internal scan is similar to a Registry Cleaner and looks for invalid entries or paths.

All the applications in your scan are valid ones so no worries there, however its saying the key in the registry is no longer pointing at the application - it has probably been replaced by another correct key.

You could probably delete without any problems, but frankly I wouldnt bother as their not doing any harm apart from using a miniscule amount of space. If in doubt leave alone.....

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, i think i will leave them be for now, or untill im sure of what may or may not work afterwards. I dont think Spybot could restore them if i did delete them.

Reaction score
Or you might go with registry backup first and then delete the entries. So in worst case if some thing goes wrong, you can still recover your old thing back.

Reaction score
Thanks i may give it a go, im not sure about Spybot's recovery dealing with this, i think i will try and find more on some of the entrys, before i click delete. I have office 2003 installed, and spybot warns about this, as office often shows up wrong entrys for some reason.

Reaction score
Table.exe (an Adobe file) and others executives with fake names Microsoft puts in the registry, using strings contained in shell32.dll.
If anyone known the reason and woul tell it me I would be very happy

Reaction score
I am not sure about the reason but good tool from Microsoft is available now for online scanning. Just go to http://safety.live.com and scan your PC. I found it very helpful.
Let us know how it goes.

Ask a Question