Split Page Into 3 for Watermarks

TheScullster

Hi all

Not sure if this is possible in Word, but:

In Wordperfect, the page can be split into 3 vertical columns (but not
actually using the column command).
The idea is to be able to create a single page showing 3 spine labels, but
have a watermark specific to each label rather than applied to the page as a
whole.

Is this clear?

Thanks to anyone who can make sense of this an offer a solution

Phil

TF

Phil

Create a template for this. Insert a three column table set to the width of
the spines and set the Row Height to 'exactly' the Spine length. Either
format the borders to be non-printing or possibly make them a very light
grey dotted border to use as crop lines.

Then use Format, Background, Printed Watermark to insert a Watermark. The
Watermark selected will insert into the header level behind the table.
Double-click in the header area and you will then be able to select the
watermark. Size and orientate the watermark and drag it so that it fits
exactly behind one of the table cells.

Then use Control+Drag to make a copy in the next cell and finally
Control+Drag a second copy in the final cell.

Easy peasey!

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"TheScullster" <phil-at-dropthespam.com> wrote in message
: Hi all
:
: Not sure if this is possible in Word, but:
:
: In Wordperfect, the page can be split into 3 vertical columns (but not
: actually using the column command).
: The idea is to be able to create a single page showing 3 spine labels, but
: have a watermark specific to each label rather than applied to the page as
: whole.
:
: Is this clear?
:
: Thanks to anyone who can make sense of this an offer a solution
:
: Phil
:
:

TheScullster

Thanks Terry and Graham, that's got me most of the way!
If you would like to help me pass the final hurdle, please see my later
post - available paper size not available?

Phil