Soundbar for Desktop Computer

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of getting a soundbar for the desktop computer but was not able to decide on which one so ordered one from Amazon which was the Taotronics gaming soundbar, it sounded ok but I was not really impressed with its build quality and/or sound. The next day I stumbled upon the Bomaker soundbar (Model: Tapio I) which appealed to me since it had two additional features that were very tempting, one being the remote control and the other being the optical input in addition to, Bluetooth, aux, and USB inputs. The only problem was I did not know how it sounded. I decided to order it and compare it with the one I had to make the final decision.

Once it arrived I hooked it up and was shocked at how much better in terms of quality and how louder it was. The fit and finish were impeccable and everything turned out to be better than expected. I finally decided to return the Taotronics and retain the Bomaker. The difference in price due to the Cyber Monday deal was just $2 more than what the Taotronics cost me so it was a no-brainer to just go for it.

I am a happy camper :)

Attachments

• d233adb8-06ed-4968-bdd5-31d89cc74c51.1ff059a94786aed4a1773a1122970def.jpeg
    d233adb8-06ed-4968-bdd5-31d89cc74c51.1ff059a94786aed4a1773a1122970def.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 177
  • AJXB_1_202003041333197504.jpg
    AJXB_1_202003041333197504.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 177
  • AJXB_1_202003041351165191.jpg
    AJXB_1_202003041351165191.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 180
  • AJXB_1_20200304957463788.jpg
    AJXB_1_20200304957463788.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 180
  • AJXB_1_202003041049958152.jpg
    AJXB_1_202003041049958152.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 181
  • AJXB_1_20200304152133234.jpg
    AJXB_1_20200304152133234.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 180

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I was toying with the idea of getting a soundbar for the desktop computer but was not able to decide on which one so ordered one from Amazon which was the Taotronics gaming soundbar, it sounded ok but I was not really impressed with its build quality and/or sound. The next day I stumbled upon the Bomaker soundbar (Model: Tapio I) which appealed to me since it had two additional features that were very tempting, one being the remote control and the other being the optical input in addition to, Bluetooth, aux, and USB inputs. The only problem was I did not know how it sounded. I decided to order it and compare it with the one I had to make the final decision.

Once it arrived I hooked it up and was shocked at how much better in terms of quality and how louder it was. The fit and finish were impeccable and everything turned out to be better than expected. I finally decided to return the Taotronics and retain the Bomaker. The difference in price due to the Cyber Monday deal was just $2 more than what the Taotronics cost me so it was a no-brainer to just go for it.

I am a happy camper :)

Intrigued I had a read up on that sound bar company and they seem pretty neat and not too spensive. Thanks to you I may end up spending even more loot this Christmas :lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
@Abarbarian if you get it you will not be disappointed.

I have an old Universal disk player which I have connected via the optical input and it sounds pretty good. The USB input has a flash drive with selected MP3 which I can play on its own via the soundbar. The aux connection is for the computer and Bluetooth is used by the phone. I would say this device has ample connections to meet anyone's needs.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
@Abarbarian if you get it you will not be disappointed.

I have an old Universal disk player which I have connected via the optical input and it sounds pretty good. The USB input has a flash drive with selected MP3 which I can play on its own via the soundbar. The aux connection is for the computer and Bluetooth is used by the phone. I would say this device has ample connections to meet anyone's needs.

How big a room are you using this in ?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
10 ft x13ft with a high 12 ft ceiling
Thanks for that, my room is slightly bigger.

I went looking as this thread had me intrigued and found this,

https://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/wharfedale-vista-100

which retails here for £145. I liked the fact that you can adjust the treble and bass as well as the presets.

Meanwhile i was investigating the Bomaker offerings and found the bar you bought on Amazon for £49. Carried on investigating and went back to the £49 page and found that the price had dropped to £35 so I immediately ordered one. I figured that if it was not that brilliant for the tv then I could use it in the kitchen to listen to YouTube stuff and radio plays from my phone.

Whoopee............................

It has already arrived and is plugged in to the pc at the moment with just an ordinary jack plug and it sounds pretty darn good. Apparently it will sound better with an optical connection which I have yet to try out.

In the box there is an offer to get a free,

Portable Outdoor Bluetooth Speaker, BOMAKER Mini Wireless Speaker with Clear Stereo HD Sound, Built-in Mic

which you can get by sharing a photo of the soundbar in use or a short posted review.

Did you know that you can get free stuff from Bomaker by posting reviews,

Have a look here for details

Anyway thanks for the heads up about the sound bar. It will certainly make my Christmas movie watching more enjoyable. :thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
@Abarbarian I am happy to know you liked the bar and not surprised since I was very impressed with its performance too. Sometimes you stumble across gems like these and start wondering why you pay much more for stuff that does not put a smile on your face. :)

How about considering other larger ones from Bomaker? They offer few options and if you can easily return them in case you do not like them it is worth giving it a try. You may save some money and enjoy the product which would meet your expectations and beyond.

Thank you for the heads up about the freebie and yes I saw it since there was a small card included with the soundbar I got, I actually forgot about it. I am not sure will see. ;)

Enjoy your new toy! :cheers:

Reaction score
Was it really worth it? I've heard about sound bars before but I never was sure about what they are and how they worked. Hmm, I must say that i adored the pictures that you posted and thet they look good and aesthetic. How was its sound? Is it not hard to set up since its long? I have always wanted cute speakers and not the long ones. But I think having one like yours will be great for movie nights, especially if it sounds good. Anyway, congratulations on your soundbar purchase and I'm glad that works well for you.

Ask a Question