Sorry, a blond question!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I know this will seem a very silly question but I wouldn't be asking if I knew the answer!. I am setting up a jewellery website through freewebs (testing the water before investing too much money in this).I need to work out how customers pay me, a very imp part.

The following has been recommended as being straightforward (yeh right!) i am ok until step 3 when they ask for the FTP address of the server. the main address is www.freewebs.com but my website is www.freewebs.com/braceletsnbrides
I have tried both and they come up as incorrect-any ideas

Thanks
Jen
ps not blond-just feel it!!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Jen,

I'm totally lost with what you are trying unfortunately - if you need an FTP address, you'll have to ask your host what it is (I assume freewebs). You could try "ftp.freewebs.com" and see if that works - as that is the usual naming convention :)

Reaction score
Sorry for being so cynical but is someone after advertising their website by pretending to be dumb?:rolleyes:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Sorry for being so cynical but is someone after advertising their website by pretending to be dumb?:rolleyes:
No, in this case feckit I'm sure the Lady is genuine ... ever tried to set-up a PP account on your website. ;)

The 'problem' may just be that the Free host cannot do it as braceletsnbrides will be a subdomain ... dunno really.

Really need to ask the Host or PP. ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Guys for all of your comments,

Will try the ftp freewebs in a mo. No not after free advertizing-need to sort out how to get paid before I even think about how to advertize the thing. Will probably be back for advise on this in the future......
Have a beer on me-mine will be a large red wine!

Jen xx

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello ,
first of all freewebs is what it says it is ....a free site. I hope you have registered firstly the domain..

braceletsnbrides

i have done a check and you have registered the .co.uk domain 1 week ago ,well done ??

now we have more free time jen we will address the problem :thumb:

when i was a novice i used a paypal button ...jury still out

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Rush

Thanks, Yes, someone suggested that I register the domain so I did. Next I will need to try and add a link to the front page to direct them to freewebs-next challenge. I have cracked the paypal thing last night and am half way through adding buttons, time consuming-but if I get my act together and do it when I post new items that should be fine.
The thing is although I make one off unusual items there are a lot of jewellery designers out there and i have a day job and family as well so don't have the time or money to invest too much time in this. If I can find a way of advertizing that would be good. I don't think google will pick me up only on freewebs even though I emailed them to let them know.
Locally i have business cards but any ideas on this would be good. I am not going to make millions on this but If it pays for a few treats that would be good.
Thanks for all the advice
Jen xx

Reaction score
jenig12 just had a look at your website and it looks fine, only gripe is you dont say what your prices are in UK£ or US$

Ask a Question