sony digital8 camera and i.link or firewire

G

My new sony 350 camcorder with a firewire port isn't being recognized in moviemaker or any other video capture program
I can capture the other 2 ways - usb and composite/svideo. I think the difficulty is my ATI radeon all in wonde
drivers -they show up as the capture driver in movie maker. the firewire port is on my asus p4pe motherboard and this also may be the difficulty. I'm sure there is some little adjustment I can't think o
I would like to capture using the firewire as it is digital. Thanks for any help offered.

G

I'm going to answer my own question! I had read somewhere on the net that there were difficulties with the firewire port on some cameras - well this is the case with mine - it worked quite by accident when I turned the camera on its side causing vertical pressure on the connecting pin. Thanks to eveyone that gave the problem consideration. Peter

Ask a Question