Something you've always wanted to do?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Watching a programme on TV this morning got me thinking, if there was one thing you'd like to do, what would it be? (It has to be something possible that obeys the laws of physics!)

Although not practical, I'd like to visit every single country :) It would take years to do, but I'd love to just get in a car and drive round visiting every single place, not just the capitals of the major countries.

There are so many places that I will only ever see on the TV/Internet/Magazines, and it would be such an experience to actually go and visit these places.

What would you do? :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I would like to ... Read, Write and Speak any langauge in the World.

:blush:

Reaction score
I would like is to have the ability to look at anyone and read their thoughts, to be a mind reader and a bloody good one at that as well!

edit - whoa there, had to edit that one!

Reaction score
PSD, that is what we call 'Invasion of privacy'... good idea, but would you like someone to know what you are thinking?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I would just love to be able to fly imagine soaring above the traffic when there's a jam. or flying over the most fantastic scenery and landing whenever and wherever you want and taking some superb pic's. Now that would be superb.:D

I know you said Ian, it has to obey the laws of physics and all that, but if i had strong enough muscles and in the right places like a birds, perhaps i could, but obviously i haven't so i can't, but you get my gi'st. :confused:

What a wonderful way to pop down to your local pub for a bevvie, not sure about getting home after a few though, i wouldn't fancy bumping into the nearest tallest tree, Could you imagine the conversation afterwards in hospital

( Doctor: What happened mate. Me: well i was flying along back from the pub when this tree stepped out in front of me doctor. Doctor: Is that right sir, ok get an I.v in him and pump his stomach he's obviously on some good s**t . :eek:

And guess what Ian it wouldn't take you so long to see all those countrys and all that.:p

Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
PSD, that is what we call 'Invasion of privacy'... good idea, but would you like someone to know what you are thinking?

well KGB, yes at times i would like ppl to know what im thinking it would be good!

:)

but not always! what do u think?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Funnily enough, much what Ian said, I'd like to see everywhere, and also get to know everybody, could be interesting.

Other things:

1) Make Captain Beefheart well and let him play some more gigs.

2) Become a certified, bonafide, gen-u-wine, real thing pussy magnet ;)

3) Visit and spend three days at every theme park in the world.

4) Design, build & commission the ultimate theme park ride and compile the soundtrack. It would last at least 30 minutes and take in Pink Floyd, some Trance and a little Metallica, maybe. It would soar high, reach speeds of 200mph and also go underground. The best natural high ever, and nobody's built it - yet.

5) Be able to surf without falling off after five seconds (we talking real surfing here, Watergate Bay, Newquay, Hawaii and Bondi Beach, not Net Surfing ;) ).

6) Master Photoshop.

7) Make the Glastonbury Festival last two weeks and let there be enough tickets for everybody.

That'll do for now ;)

Reaction score
I would love to speak Spanish, Italian, and French language. And be a computer programmer.

Reaction score
Well, I know you said to obey the laws of physics, but if PSD can read minds, I can stretch one too.
icon12.gif
I wish I could somehow stop time when I wanted. (Hear me out) I also, would like to learn many languages. That would take a while to do. I love reading fantasy books. Authors like Salvatore, Robert Jordan etc....But if I read them all, people would say you are spending all your time on this stuff. If you have nothing but time, you could justify anything you want to do.
icon7.gif

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have always enjoyed travelling and love to see new places, meet interesting people. So basically same as Ian and Flops.

Reaction score
Travelling! Yup. To every single place. I think that'd be the only thing I'd love to do INSIDE the laws of physic.

But I'd really love to live in another world, a dream-fantasy-magic-wonder-world B)

Reaction score
I would like to see every state in the USA, Go to Canada, and be a commercial airline pilot...

Reaction score
Well, I am impressed with all this lateral thinking, so to extend it a bit further Ian I would like to understand and develop the principles of the quantum theory. If I could get to grips with how the universe acts and reacts then perhaps I could develop a time machine or futuristic space travel that travels at light speed with out contorting your face and spreading it all over the deck. Its not that far fetched when you think about it. Space travel is here, time travel is theoretically possible, light speed exists, its just the technology that needs to be developed.

So could I asked another question, perhaps for tomorrows thought of the day!!!!

QUESTION:

If time travel were possible would you go back in time or forward in time and why!

Reaction score
I have never thought about the 'Something you've always wanted to do' but I like your idea of knowing every laungage.

Time travel - Back in time, to see what I missed, we have the future to look forward to (I hope) :)

Reaction score
Patrick said:
QUESTION:

If time travel were possible would you go back in time or forward in time and why!

I would go back into the past and change some things in order to make my life easier, better. I would also go back and make a massive name for myself and my family aswell!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Time travel?

Hmm: To the past for:

a) Put a bullet in Hitler's head circa 1937
b) Go back to 1980 and avoid my ex-wife :D

The Future:

1000 years on, just to see if we survive or not.

Reaction score
very good idea about Hitler! Today may be different if you had done that Flops!

Reaction score
Ok Thing to do

Build a house to my own spec. Money no object :)
Wouldnt want a big thing with lots of rooms, but would have a smart home, Bill gates style ( Not using windows obviously :) ) Restricted access for vistors, and automated everything.

Time travel would have to be the future, gadget addiction demands I need newer, useless toys !

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Time travel?
a) Put a bullet in Hitler's head circa 1937
QUOTE]

Bad idea... Well - things would have been alot different - if germany hadn't have done X, we wouldn't have been forced to develop Y, and there would have been Z amount of things that happened due to the combination of X and Y that could have safeguarded the future of the planet...

Things happened for a reason, yeah they may suck big time, e.g. Hitler, but theres always got to be a reason.

My theory...

But agreed - i would love to have been the one to put a bullet through Adolfs head.... after i'd shot his one bollock off and gouged his eyes out with a teaspoon...

Ask a Question