some messages crash Outlook 2000

Andreas K

Hi!

There's an annoying bug in Outlook2000:
Some messages reliably crash the programm,
whenever any action (preview pane, right mouseclick, etc.)
is done on the message. It even sometimes happens
with yahoo-mails, when they are HTML.

About one crash in 500 mails at the moment.

I have updated everything I could, my Outlook 2000 is SP3
(Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.6604 (9.0.2911.0))
my IE is SP1 (6.0.2800.1106).

Please give me a knowledge base number with patch
for this problem, I searched around for 20 minutes,
but couldn't find a page about that.

Thanks a lot!
Andreas

P.S.: Here's another report on the same problem:
"
There is a few well known html form coding error that can do this.
It effects all internet explorer products.
Microsoft said they will fix them in the next version.
The code to do it is about 3 lines long.. (I will not post it.)
Things I would try to fix it are:
filter rules
no auto-preview
view text only (not even html if you can)
use external program / or email client plugin
(some programs out there will disable all scripts and even html in
outlook/outlook express)
"

Andreas K de

Hi!

There's an annoying bug in Outlook 2000:
Some messages reliably crash the programm,
whenever any action (preview pane, right mouseclick, etc.)
is done on the message.

About one crash per day (!) at the moment.
Then I have to unregister the SpamBayes.dll and
start outlook /nopreview
and manually delete that killer message,
then register the SpamBayes dll and restart Outlook.
Hasle!

I have updated everything I could, my Outlook 2000 is SP3
(Microsoft Outlook IMO, Build 9.0.6604 (9.0.2911.0))
my IE is SP1 (6.0.2800.1106).
Microsoft said they will fix them in the next version.
(see below)

Please give me a knowledge base number with patch
for this problem, I searched around for 20 minutes,
but couldn't find a page about that.

Thanks a lot!
Andreas

P.S.: Here's another report on the same problem:
"
There is a few well known html form coding error that can do this.
It effects all internet explorer products.
Microsoft said they will fix them in the next version.
The code to do it is about 3 lines long.. (I will not post it.)
"

Andreas K de

Good evening! Thanks for your answer!
Yes: They told me how to temporarily unload their DLL.
And no:
Because the problem is NOT caused in the spamBayes code but
within Outlook / InternetExplorer mail presentation.
Proof: Even without any spamBayes, the same messages crash
Outlook when the mail is opened/previewed/context-menued.

For obvious reasons, I will NOT post those messages here,
I have collected some of them. But if you ask for it,
I might send you one of them - unless I don't trust you ;-)

Actually: Posting that crashing code might quicken the
process of bug fixing ;-) just joking...

So, what's next? Is there any Microsoft developer reading
these mails? I don't really know any other way how to contact
the developer team of the Outlook product series - apart
from
Thanks!
great mailer-software, anyway....

peace please.