Solution: What to use if you hate IE7 > avantbrowser

progressive realization

You can use FF of course....
but there is also the extreamly well made
avantbrowser www.avantbrowser.com

that is what IE7 should have been.

It DOES need some tweaking to make it work the way you want to though.. but
you can do it in 5 mins...

I am a strong supporter of this "shell" for internet explorer.

Shell means its a new interface that runs on top of the IE trident engine.

I urge people to not install IE7 until the bugs are fixed and
people force ms to make a better GUI for it.
Until then try and use avant browser with IE6.

(it works with IE7 installed too of course)

You will thank me for this

Paul Smith

progressive realization said:
You can use FF of course....
but there is also the extreamly well made
avantbrowser www.avantbrowser.com

I'd also recommend checking out Maxthon ( http://www.maxthon.com/ ), which I
used heavily until the release of IE7.
that is what IE7 should have been.

It DOES need some tweaking to make it work the way you want to though..
but you can do it in 5 mins...

I am a strong supporter of this "shell" for internet explorer.

Shell means its a new interface that runs on top of the IE trident engine.

I urge people to not install IE7 until the bugs are fixed and
people force ms to make a better GUI for it.
Until then try and use avant browser with IE6.

(it works with IE7 installed too of course)

It needs IE installed, because it uses the IE engine.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Bill Frisbee

You do realize that AvantBrowser IS IE right?

You do realize that Vista and the new Server platform have IE built in
right?

You do realize that IE 7 is far more secure out of the box than IE 6 right?

Bill F.

Ludwig

Yes, but IE 7 don't work for most. Microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
.. Nor does it work for myself.

Ludwig

Do you use a newsgroup reader Outlook Express and Outlook 2002. Try to run
the same applications in IE7, as it can be done in IE6. I have not found
anyone yet that can.

Bill Frisbee

I use Windows Mail, part of Vista, the replacement for Outlook Express.

Runs fine.

Bill F.

Tom Willett

20,000 people in your office? Wow, all installed in one day? You must have
an amazing IT department.

Tom

Bill Frisbee

Group Policies, WSUS 3.0 Beta with SMS 2003 and a fast network.

It isn't all that hard.

Bill F.

Ludwig

Well this I will take your word on as I'm sure you asked each one their
experience and it is in a controlled environment. In the same token there
are many experiencing problems as well as myself. And being it is Halloween
month to me it is a Monster!