Soltek SL-85ERV Motherboard

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Legion Hardware have a new review of the Soltek SL-85ERV Motherboard, based on the new VIA P4X400 chipset.

<center>
</center>

"The P4X400 chipset needs no introduction as I covered it in my VIA P4PB 400 review. If you require information regarding the chipset, please read the VIA P4PB 400 review. Soltek on the other hand are a company we here at Legion Hardware have not had very much to do with. I have reviewed other Soltek boards being the SL-75DRV5, that also boasted another VIA chipset. Sporting the KT333 chipset the SL-75DRV5 provided a highly cost effective way of getting an Athlon XP processor on a solid KT333 board. The SL-75DRV5 may not have had all the bells and whistles of most KT333 boards however for $115 US it certainly was one of the better value KT333 boards. I hope that Soltek will allow me to draw a similar conclusion with the SL-85ERV."

Read the article here

Reaction score
nice lookin'...

but i'll Never buy another Solsh|t board.

an Overclocking board i have, yep! it's a KT333, yep!

it won't POST over 150FSB and isn't even very close to stable at stock speeds, nope!

and try their tech support sometime if ya want a good laugh!

Oh, and don't think they'll let ya RMA a bad one...

so make sure (if you're gonna waste good money anyhow)
you buy from a vendor who honors the so-called "2 Year Warranty and Nationwide Protection Plan!"

i also asked tech support WTF that's sposed to mean, no reply about that either. Soltek can burn in hell.

burn me once, shame on you.
burn me twice, shame on me!

Ask a Question