From: "Oriane" <[email protected]>
Subject: Software installation pb
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:18:15 +0100
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.msi

Hi,

When I try to install Sql Server 2000 on W2K Server, I've got an error
message telling me to reboot my machine since a "pending file operations is
still present" (this is translated from the french). But the reboot is
useless since the same message appears again and again after each reboot...

Any ideas ?

Oriane
--

Oriane,

This message normally means there is a command in the following registry key that is unable to complete.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\PendingFileRenameOperations

I have heard of this happening if the file that is suppose to be renamed has the Read Only attribute set.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Oriane

Hello Bill,

you are right, and the deletion of the stuck key is the solution of my pb.

Thank you !!

"Bill Peele [MS]" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
| From: "Oriane" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Software installation pb
| Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:18:15 +0100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.msi