socket A versus socket 754

John Doe

How long do you think AMD Athlon XP (socket A) CPUs will be
continued/updated?

Is there much performance difference between the socket A mainboard
and the socket 754 mainboard, given similar processor specifications?

Thank you

Conor

John Doe said:
How long do you think AMD Athlon XP (socket A) CPUs will be
continued/updated?

Is there much performance difference between the socket A mainboard
and the socket 754 mainboard, given similar processor specifications?
Socket A CPUs have been discontinued a while back.

Tweek

I am pretty sure that Athlon XP's have already been discontinued and are in
short supply (for example an XP 3200+ 400fsb for $190). The Sempron will
probably continue to be available on Socket A for a bit, but I don't recall
seeing it on AMD's roadmaps.

sbb78247

John Doe said:
How long do you think AMD Athlon XP (socket A) CPUs will be
continued/updated?

Is there much performance difference between the socket A mainboard
and the socket 754 mainboard, given similar processor specifications?

Thank you

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA! you ****ing idiot.

go 939 or nothing. 754 is a dead end, but didn't you already know that
john? you seem to know everything. OOOOPS! the truth is out.

939 will offer something important like say dual core cpus, sli, and just
plain upgradability. although 939s days are numbered, it is the best path
for now.

John Doe

Tough guy wanna-be troll