So who's going to win the World Cup?

Reaction score
So who's going to win the World Cup?
Any suggestions, will Beckham win it for us??

Reaction score
come on england

Oh that's easy it's going to be England
laughingsmiley.gif

After all the turnip, er i mean the swede say's we can go all the way :eek: :rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd like to think England can win it :D

We were 2nd favourites until Rooney's disaster, but he might have healed and be match fit by the latter stages :)

As for Theo, who knows - I saw a few of his Southampton games on TV and he looked very fast and good on the ball, but a bit of an unknown for now!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think England haven't got a chance...I don't like saying it but svens just chancing his arm with selections like theo walcott as a striker...

I mean does he really care, he knows were sacking him straight after the world cup so he's up for a bit of risk, and why not...but not at our expense...Good riddance i say....The F.A made a mistake appointing him in the first place, the man wouldn't know what English passion was if it smacked him in the face....

And you need a lot of passion to be a proper England manager, just look at Terry Venables back at Euro 96 that was the last great tournament for us and we very nearly went all the way, and the song (footballs coming home) absolutely encapsulated the feeling at that time....

I will never forget that.....:bow:

All the Flags flying on the cars at the moment, and england stickers in peoples windows, we are all trying to recapture that same feeling we had back at Euro 96 because we haven't had it for ten years now....

Oh to be manager of England...:nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
And you need a lot of passion to be a proper England manager, just look at Terry Venables back at Euro 96 that was the last great tournament for us and we very nearly went all the way, and the song (footballs coming home) absolutely encapsulated the feeling at that time....

Thats one of our problems at the moment, not many quality English managers. Bobbys getting a bit old now, and Glenn Roeder is the highest ranked English manager in the table (and I'm a Newcastle supporter and really like the guy - but even still I don't think it would work ;)).

Big Sam, Jewell? Not yet! McClaren is the best we have for the job at the moment, but I don't think he's good enough - although if he can do what he did for the smogs in Europe's last few games then maybe we're in with a chance :D

Reaction score
England will beat The Germans 4-2 with someone scoring a hatrick for England.
We will play in red shirts, some people will run onto the pitch and Sven & Becks will be knighted.

Reaction score
murdoch said:
England will beat The Germans 4-2 with someone scoring a hatrick for England.
We will play in red shirts, some people will run onto the pitch and Sven & Becks will be knighted.
murdoch have you been drinking scrumpy for breakfast again:lol:

Reaction score
Dam, the truth is out again. No sober as a judge, just felt that it would be a laugh to beat the Germans in their own back yard, so to speak:wave:

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
I mean does he really care, he knows were sacking him straight after the world cup so he's up for a bit of risk, and why not...but not at our expense...Good riddance i say....The F.A made a mistake appointing him in the first place, the man wouldn't know what English passion was if it smacked him in the face....

exactly Sven cares more about dating Nancy and dealing with the female varieties!

the scandals that have gone on with him are quite simply shocking!
The FA have been too leanient and he does not deserve to be England manager!
He is not the right man for the job and I am very sure that the everyone at the FA will be regretting giving him too many of a chance!

As for the team its very clear that if Rooney will play he will be severly below par. I am sure he will actually play because I beleive its a stunt, I do think he is injured but im very sure its not as severe as made out! The biggest injury scandal in our time!

I hope he plays he is a very very important player but realistically without him England will struggle. My bet goes to the underdogs GERMANY never rule them out they have a great team collectively and this is going to be their year! You heard it first from psd99!

Then I would like to suggest that Argentina, Brazil, Spain and France all look to have strong sqauds who are in with a shout!

Now let me leave you on one point about that idiot Sven he picked a 17 year old over the likes of Defoe, Johnson and even Bent!
And the worst part is he admitted that he has never seen him play!

It is things like this that should make the FA stop him taking his bird Nancy to games he watches because I think the pr*** is watching what Nancy does to him rather than the 22 men on the playing field!

Reaction score
oh yer I think we should start a new thread with our world cup predictions

it goes like this:

each of us write out the groups and predict how each group will finish ie

then we can predict world cup 16
quarter finals
semi finals
third/fourth place
final
WINNERS

I did this 4 years ago and would you adam and eve IT
I got the final correct GERMANY vs BRAZIL :)

I think it would be a nice idea to do on pcr and ofcourse we should also do a fantasy football league for the world cup too
someone sort this out please

thanks
psd99

Ask a Question