SO FED UP!

G

I soooo understand. That message comes up whenever we try to play anything in our CD/DVD drives that requires sound. It basically is an error message that is telling you that your sound driver is corrupted, missing, sound card not installed, or your sound driver is being utilized by another program. My only suggestion is
1. Close all program
2. Go into Safe mode (F8
3. Right click on My Compute
4. Click on Manage
5. Click on Device Manage
6. Highlight Sounds, video, and game...
7. Go to Action and choose Scan for Hardware Change
If that still doesn't work, you may have to find your specific sound device under Device Manager > Sounds, .... , uninstall and reinstall it. You can also contact your systems manufacturer for help and browse the Microsoft site to verify you have downloaded any updates that may be causing the problem.
One last thought...make sure that your operating system is compatible with your sound card though. Apparently, when we sent ours back to Gateway to have it fixed (I know - stupid to buy from them), they upgraded our operating system to WinXP. And guess what? Our sound card is in the integrated motherboard and the XP sound driver is not compatible. We were "lucky" to have sound for awhile
Good luck!

Ask a Question