no sound?

Reaction score
there's no sound coming out of my computer...again.

i fixed it before (out of luck, doing anything) but today it just started not working again.

my WMP was saying:

0xC00D11BA: Cannot play the file

Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device, such as a sound card or sound controller. You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:
  • Your sound device is in use by another program. Quit other programs that may be using your sound device, and then try to play the file again.
  • Your sound device is not functioning properly. To troubleshoot the problem, see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation.
  • You do not have a sound device installed on your computer. Install a sound device, and then try to play the file again.
Error ID = 0xC00D11BA, Condition ID = 0x00000000

help please?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Reinstall your sound card drivers.

user.gif

Reaction score
feckit said:
Do you have a CD-ROM disc with the drivers on it?

I have the same problem - no sound. I have updated my Windows Media Player to version 10 but still no sound.

I am not sure if I have an installation disc, but can I get a repair from the internet?

Reaction score
i dont think i do.

yeah, do you think i can get something of the internet?

i tried downloading the "sound blaster audigy" but it said i didnt install it properly.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Reinstall your sound card drivers.

user.gif
Have you done that yet? You can download them from the manufacturs website if you need to.

Is it onboard or a seperate card?

You have not given us much to go on....

Reaction score
Thanks to everybody for your sound advice. I have not got much hair left now as I have torn most of it out!

My son arrived and wiggled one of the plugs in the back of the biggest speaker, and the sound has come back on again! I wiggled it many times over the past two days without success.

Now I have another problem, but a much smaller one. Where has the speaker icon gone from my taskbar? Can anybody out there help, please?

Beeman

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Start > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices. Under the volume tab check the box that says 'Place icon in taskbar' Then hit ok. :thumb:

Reaction score
hm, when i try tried adjusting and going to "volume control" it said i never installed one.

i tried going to google and i found something.

now my there's a sound device here but there's still no sound in my speakers

Ask a Question