Slow Main Page

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a slow loading PCR main page over the past couple of months?

It seems to have been quite bad the last few days, so I've been looking in to the code to see what I can tweak. I've changed it so that the main page components (sidebar, etc...) are cached by a cron job, rather than on a particular page load. Hopefully this should solve the problem :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Haven't noticed any problems at all, Ian.

Main page comes up as quick as it ever did. :wave:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Has anyone else noticed a slow loading PCR main page over the past couple of months?

It seems to have been quite bad the last few days, so I've been looking in to the code to see what I can tweak. I've changed it so that the main page components (sidebar, etc...) are cached by a cron job, rather than on a particular page load. Hopefully this should solve the problem :)

Sorry Ian, just catching up after being out most of today...

I have found the main page to be very slow for a while - sometimes taking a minute or two to load, particularly over the past week or two.

It was good when I came in just now though, yay! :thumb: :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Front page had its moments for me. seems well quick now though, i still find the 'Last 24' button a little slow sometimes. :)

Ask a Question