Slow Database

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
What happens when you try to reply to them Viv? It could just be a one-off as I cleared a cache before I logged out of the server - does it work ok now?

I don't know if it's just at this end, but the site seems lightening fast at the moment :eek: I didn't think this tweak would have had such a big impact.

Its fine now Ian the ones I couldn`t reply to seem ok now Was >[UNAVAILABLE] NOT FOUND.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
slow, slow, quick quick, slow ... has always been like that for me.

every time someone says something, it gets fast.

:D

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
What happens when you try to reply to them Viv? It could just be a one-off as I cleared a cache before I logged out of the server - does it work ok now?

I don't know if it's just at this end, but the site seems lightening fast at the moment :eek: I didn't think this tweak would have had such a big impact.

Over the last few days when I have tried to reply to posts, sometimes after clicking "Submit Reply" I can wait upto 5 minutes before the reply is submitted. This is also when I was been timed out.
This evening has been a mixture of extremely slow and lightening fast.
Another thing I have noticed over the last week or so isw. Sya for instance when I log onto the site ifrst thing in the morning. Normally around 8am say there are 15 unread posts/threads. I always first check WCG to see how I/we are doing then I go back to the home page and click "Since last visit" and from there I have been getting the " Sorry no matches" or what ever it says....Yet I have only checked 1 post/thread...

Hope ya can understand what I mean....

Reaction score
V_R said:
What he said. :)

Not what he said...Still as slow as the que in the Post Ofiice on pension day....
nod.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Not what he said...Still as slow as the que in the Post Ofiice on pension day....
nod.gif

If you ping pcreview.co.uk, what response time do you get? I've had a look at the database "slow log" and there's next to nothing in there, so it could be a routing problem rather than the server now (especially if it times out, as I can't see why that would happen). :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
If you ping pcreview.co.uk, what response time do you get? I've had a look at the database "slow log" and there's next to nothing in there, so it could be a routing problem rather than the server now (especially if it times out, as I can't see why that would happen). :)

Screen shot attatched...

Attachments

• pingpcreview.png
    pingpcreview.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 251

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
143ms isn't bad considering the server is in the states, hmmmm... :confused: how long does it take to load this thread for example? It seems near instant for me when I click on it now.

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
143ms isn't bad considering the server is in the states, hmmmm... :confused: how long does it take to load this thread for example? It seems near instant for me when I click on it now.

Ping has been much much higher than that. sometimes nearer 400...

Ok if I am on say Facebook and I want to check something on here and I goto a link in the address bar it can take upto say 50 seconds to load PCR home page, and then its not fuully loaded. Place holder where some images should be...Then there's the getting onto what ever threads have been started that day...Click on them and sometime you hvae to click a few times
Its the same if I click on Home/Reviews/ Articles etc.. I get the drop down and click on it and sometimes have to click a few times..It doesn't even show in bottom left corner of browser window that whatever has been founsd or connecting to...
I thought maybe it was me but have cleared out Firefox and Internet Explorer...But still the same..

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Must be you, MadX. Still almost instant for me over the last 18 hours or so. :nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you get that on any other sites too? I don't think that's a server problem, so it could be the link between your ISP and the hosting company - it's the only thing I can think of now?

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Do you get that on any other sites too? I don't think that's a server problem, so it could be the link between your ISP and the hosting company - it's the only thing I can think of now?

Just PCR and sometimes Halifax Bank... I thought maybe it was my PC, but get the same on my Mac...Probably is from my side as I remeber when I was at my brothers on Monday his laptop was connecting instantly...

Reaction score
Just thought i'd add to this.. I think a fare bit of slowness might be me..I ran Ccleaner, and did a hard reset on my router and PCR seems pretty normal now. But saying that Now I can't get on Fartbook...

Reaction score
I also have found the site rather slow of late,I thought is was my `phone connection.

historian :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Just thought i'd add to this.. I think a fare bit of slowness might be me..I ran Ccleaner, and did a hard reset on my router and PCR seems pretty normal now. But saying that Now I can't get on Fartbook...

Good stuff :D Well, apart from not being able to get on Facebook!

historian said:
I also have found the site rather slow of late,I thought is was my `phone connection.

Is it even slow today, Historian?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Still nice and rapid for me. :)

My ISP's just upgraded me to ADSL2+ too at long last! :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it's running well - I have to admit I've never seen it this speedy either... I hope it lasts :D The coding change doesn't seem to have exhibited any bugs which is a relief :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Glad it's running well - I have to admit I've never seen it this speedy either... I hope it lasts :D The coding change doesn't seem to have exhibited any bugs which is a relief :)

No I ain`t itching :lol:

Ask a Question