Reaction score
Hey,

I've got -
P4 630
P5ND2 Asus mobo
450W Antec PSU
2*512 DDR2 Corasir value
6600GT 128

I'm currently in the process of getting 2*1GB corsair value select and another 6600GT 128 to whack in SLi.

Reckon my PSU can hack it? If not, what's going to happen?

mobo manual reckons -
P4
2*DIMMS
2*6600GT
2*HDD
1*PCI-E

is okay with 350W or more.... that sounds about right to you guys?

while I'm here, any suggestions for a TV card?...very interested in recordeding live TV. Also, anyone know how I can record american TV on my comp. I really want FOX news. :)

Any help much appreciated..

Rufus

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
i believe that you will need a new psu i dont think that your current one will be able to cut it. I would reccomend a psu that has an sli label on it meaning it is made for sli. I know mucks knows alot bout psus so i think he will probably be a better help in this topic than i am.

Reaction score
i would imagine it could handle it, but i think it would be risky. If i were you i would get a brand name 450 ish watt SLi certified psu. Quality is everything.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I know mucks knows alot bout psus ... i think he will probably be a better help in this topic than i am.
Again! Do I have to? ... can't you use the forum search or something?

I'll pass the buck, it's not my turn anyway. :rolleyes:

Well since I'm here ...

Every component in a PC is critical, skimp on any one item and when you have a problem ... look at that item first.

The calculations are quite simple ... ignore what the Max Wattage 'they' say it will operate at, most of the time it's bulls h i t ... look at what you have, or planing to have, go to one of the onsite watt calculators, there have been enough listed here in the past ... and calculate your needs. Double it, buy the best your wallet will alow.

A 3phase twin & earth should do you ...

Sli PCI-E Dual-Rail? get a PSU that has the badge

http://extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

Everybody bookmark the above link ... please. ;)

Ask a Question