site check please

Pam

I'm trying to help someone figure this out and I'm a bit over my head here -
the website is: http://www.newlifeautolites.com and in firefox it looks
fine, but in IE - the text is off - I've imported the site into fp2003 and
have looked at the table properties - but they look ok (although I wouldn't
have used 100%, but would have put in a pixel amt) the text runs past the
table - and I will try to talk him out of the word text he has on there and
put in a graphic with the text.

Can someone look at this site and help me figure out why the text won't stay
in the table?

one more thing - he has a flash file that shows up in the browser, but when
I look at the html I can not find out how the flash was inserted? He had
someone do this for him, and now the person of course is 'gone' ... so I
told him I would try to help him figure this out - so am counting on this
great group of techies to help me :)

thanks!
Pam

Ronx

Start with Word styles and VML graphics. Get rid of those and you might
have a chance of seeing something right about the page.
Some elements on the page are linked to folders several levels up from
the web site root folder.
All those colours for text. The fonts (example: Broadway) that will not
display on most systems.
On ADSL it takes too long to load.

Apart from some of the text being displayed as a graphic in FireFox
(result of using VML) IE7 and FireFox were very similar.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (FrontPage)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

FrontPage Support: http://www.frontpagemvps.com/

Pam

Thanks for the info - guess I'll have to ask him if he'll let me have access
to his acct at godaddy so I can see what folders this thing is drawing
from - it sure aint downloading in fp :)

my advise was for him to start over ... I thought it was a html mess - but
..... hey .. I'm not an expert either :)

pam

Rob Giordano \(Crash\)

One of the uglier sites I've seen in a while.
I wouldn't buy anything from there - even if I did want to; the purchase
link is dead.
Why Frames?
All them colors...sheeeeee...looks like a carnival site.
The background sound...why?

Also tell him toothpaste does the same thing on headlights for only a couple
of bucks :)

--

Rob Giordano
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage