Sisters Birthday - She wants a camera!

Reaction score
Hey

It's my sisters 16th birthday on the 19th of this month, and she has asked for a compact point and shoot digital camera... The parents gave me the job of looking for one. There is an absolute maximum budget of £140 inc P&P + VAT

I have pretty much narrowed it down to the Canon A520, but i'm no expert in this field and was wondering if there were any others worth considering, or any that are by far, for the same price, better.

Any help is appreciated, thanks :)

Chris

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I hear good thing about the Nikon Coolpix 5600

Here

:)

Reaction score
Oops yeah, forgot to mention that was another we were looking at as i remember a thread here with it recommended...

Which would knock out a better photo then - anyone? :)

Cheers V_R

Chris

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My daughter's just bought herself a Nikon Coolpix 5600 and it's great.

If you order it online at PC World, it's £132.00 and you can collect it from the store. That's what I did, bought a case for it and it came to £142.00.

I bought her the 512Mb SD memory card for £25.00. This gives her 200 pix at full res.

This camera is small, takes really really good pix, it has a fine lens and is 5.1mp. It actually takes better pix than my Canon A80. Only drawback is the flash takes quite a long time to recharge as it only uses two AA cells.

In short, I'd thoroughly recommend it, it looks cool and acts cool, lol ;)

Reaction score
OK - I'll let the parents know, We will probably get this one for her then... Is it much better than the camera you sold us then? Because that one takes great pics!

Ta all :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
OK - I'll let the parents know, We will probably get this one for her then... Is it much better than the camera you sold us then? Because that one takes great pics!

Ta all :)

It's at least as good as, that's for sure. believe it or not, although the camera I sold you is only 2.1 megapixels (I think) and my current camera takes 4.2 megapixel pix, I swear your one took better pix ;)

I think it's down to the lens, a factor often overlooked.

The Nikon Coolpix 5600 has a great lens.

It doesn't have as many features as my Canon A80 but it's half the price, after all. And the software's good as well.

Reaction score
SLR!

you know I am still upset with Apple!

those cameras are the dogs you know what!!!

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
SLR for less than £130? Nah ;)

Yeah i'm upset with Apple aswell.

yes lol

there was a time when we was going to get one of these for a fiver!!! :)

Ask a Question