Simple newbie question:margins in print layout view


K

Keith R

Apparently I've accidently changed some setting I can't find.

I use print layout view by default, as it is my preferred view. However,
when I open a new document now, I get inverted "V"s in the corners marking
where the margins are (ok, I can live with that I suppose) but more
importantly, the print layout view starts with my cursor at the top of the
visible page- I can't scroll up and see the inch margin at the top. This is
important for me for visual layout, and aesthetics.

Can anyone tell me what setting I may have changed, and how to change it
back so that all new documents continue to open in print layout view, but
where I can actually see the whole page?

Thanks!!
Keith
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

For the first problem, see “Margin marks or crop marks appear on each corner
of the page when you open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371.

For the second, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

I would guess that the two problems don't occur simultaneously.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.
 
S

Suzanne S. Barnhill

You're welcome.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.
 
V

Victor Delta

Suzanne S. Barnhill said:
For the first problem, see “Margin marks or crop marks appear on each
corner
of the page when you open a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371.

Suzanne

I've never had this problem before but since going over to Vista recently,
Word 2002 always now starts this way. I've tried the remedies given in the
MS website - neither text boundaries were selected nor any language other
than English UK - but the problem remains.

I wonder if you or anyone else has any further ideas on solving this please?

Thanks,

V
 
T

Terry Farrell

If Asian Language support is enabled (not selected), then the crop marks
will be displayed. Have you checked in Office, Languages?
 
Ad

Advertisements

V

Victor Delta

Terry Farrell said:
If Asian Language support is enabled (not selected), then the crop marks
will be displayed. Have you checked in Office, Languages?
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

Terry
Many thanks. I had checked in 'Microsoft Office Language Settings' - but had
not noticed that there was another file called 'Microsoft XP Office Language
Settings' in the same folder. I disabled the Asian Language support in this
and, hey presto, the problem was solved. NB It did delete my Normal.dot
template in the process however (without asking). Anyway, have now restored
it via a copy.
Thanks again,
V
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

Terry Farrell

Excellent.

Terry

Victor Delta said:
Terry
Many thanks. I had checked in 'Microsoft Office Language Settings' - but
had not noticed that there was another file called 'Microsoft XP Office
Language Settings' in the same folder. I disabled the Asian Language
support in this and, hey presto, the problem was solved. NB It did delete
my Normal.dot template in the process however (without asking). Anyway,
have now restored it via a copy.
Thanks again,
V
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top