Signature is messed up when sending NEW message

R

Ric Forney

I'm using Outlook 2003 and if I reply to a message my signature works fine,
but if I send a new message it puts all kinds of extra spacing in. If I was
using work I would think that my paragraph line spacing was set to "double",
but I'm not and there is no way to change it.

Any suggestions? Is there a way to replace the default template for sending
new mail?

C

Chuck Davis

Remove the signature. Close Outlook, open Outlook, create a new signature,
or choose the same signature that you use for the reply.

T

Tony Williams

Not sure if anyone cares about this any longer, as I can see it was posted earlier this year; but I have seen this and can recommend a fix.

If you open the signature file in word and do a reveal codes, you'll notice the lines that get the extra spacing are the ones terminated by the Microsoft Paragraph symbol (the backward P). Replace this with an ordinary carriage return and the problem will go away.

The easiest way to do this is to compose the signature in a simple text editor like notepad and drop it back into the signature editor. You can even go back and add rich text formatting with Word as long as you are careful not to reintroduce the MS Paragraph terminator (Just don't hit the enter key while editing your new sig in Word).

A Womand Told Me
http://www.awomantoldme.com

T

Tony Williams

Not sure if anyone cares about this any longer, as I can see it was posted earlier this year; but I have seen this and can recommend a fix.

If you open the signature file in word and do a reveal codes, you'll notice the lines that get the extra spacing are the ones terminated by the Microsoft line terminator symbol (the backward P). Replace this with an ordinary carriage return and the problem will go away.

The easiest way to do this is to compose the signature in a simple text editor like notepad and drop it back into the signature editor. You can even go back and add rich text formatting with Word as long as you are careful not to reintroduce the MS line terminator (Just don't hit the enter key while editing your new sig in Word).

A Womand Told Me
http://www.awomantoldme.com

T

Tom [Pepper] Willett

Since you changed the subject, and didn't quote any part of the original
post, what are you talking about?

<Tony Williams> wrote in message | Not sure if anyone cares about this any longer, as I can see it was posted
earlier this year; but I have seen this and can recommend a fix.
|
| If you open the signature file in word and do a reveal codes, you'll
notice the lines that get the extra spacing are the ones terminated by the
Microsoft line terminator symbol (the backward P). Replace this with an
ordinary carriage return and the problem will go away.
|
| The easiest way to do this is to compose the signature in a simple text
editor like notepad and drop it back into the signature editor. You can
even go back and add rich text formatting with Word as long as you are
careful not to reintroduce the MS line terminator (Just don't hit the enter
key while editing your new sig in Word).
|
| A Womand Told Me
| http://www.awomantoldme.com

Ask a Question