signature appeared with double line spacing - how do i get rid?


J

JethroUK©

I edit a nice signature in Word or email - after I insert it as a signature
in Outlook it looks fine - but the signature appeared with double line
spacing - how do i get rid?

Pretty sure it has something to do with HTML hence post to front page
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

its not frontpage - well, other the the fact you used frontpage to enter <p>
tags instead of <br> tags at the end of each line.
 
J

JethroUK©

Just thought you might know something about HTML - pretty sure that's the
cause - but never mind
 
G

GLMoore

Hold down the SHIFT key when you hit ENTER to move to a new line ... in html
that makes a single line space instead of a double ... I think that's what
you're referring to.

HTH
 
J

JethroUK©

I'll give that a try

GLMoore said:
Hold down the SHIFT key when you hit ENTER to move to a new line ... in
html
that makes a single line space instead of a double ... I think that's what
you're referring to.

HTH
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

Tom Willett

Then you should ask in a newsgroup/forum for HTML.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------
: Just thought you might know something about HTML - pretty sure that's the
: cause - but never mind
:
: : > This has absolutely nothing to do with FrontPage.
: >
: > --
: >
: >
: > ------
: > : >>I edit a nice signature in Word or email - after I insert it as a
: >>signature in Outlook it looks fine - but the signature appeared with
: >>double line spacing - how do i get rid?
: >>
: >> Pretty sure it has something to do with HTML hence post to front page
: >
 
J

JethroUK©

I assumed 'someone' on Front Page group (to which i already subscribe)
'might' know something about HTML (ergo the answer) - might even help
someone with similar problem

but if nobody on fp knows the answer then so be it
 
Ad

Advertisements

T

Trevor Lawrence

Jethro
I would have thought that people here would/should know a lot of HTML In any
case, I am not aware of a MS newsgroup for HTML

I'll have a go at answering. I don't use Outlook myself, but Outlook Express
has an option to edit the HTML code which it generates when Format | Rich
Text is selected .You could have a look here and see if the signature is put
into a separate paragraph i.e. within <p> </p> tags. Assuming that the
signature is an image, it may look something like this:
<p>
<img href='sig.jpg'...........>
</p>

This para may have default double spacing or there may be CSS which
specifies double spacing. Taking it out of the para may solve it, e.g.
replace the above by:
<br>
<img href='sig.jpg'...........>
<br>
This should give a line break before and after the image. Another way may be
to add CSS to change the para margins

BTW,
My comments here are just guesswork. Seeing the actual HTML would give me
(and others) a better idea

--
Trevor Lawrence
Canberra
Web Site http://trevorl.mvps.org

JethroUK© said:
I assumed 'someone' on Front Page group (to which i already subscribe)
'might' know something about HTML (ergo the answer) - might even help
someone with similar problem

but if nobody on fp knows the answer then so be it



Tom Willett said:
Then you should ask in a newsgroup/forum for HTML.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997
---------------------------
: Just thought you might know something about HTML - pretty sure that's
the
: cause - but never mind
:
: : > This has absolutely nothing to do with FrontPage.
: >
: > --
: >
: >
: > ------
: > : >>I edit a nice signature in Word or email - after I insert it as a
: >>signature in Outlook it looks fine - but the signature appeared with
: >>double line spacing - how do i get rid?
: >>
: >> Pretty sure it has something to do with HTML hence post to front
page
: >
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top