Showing plus sign on positive numbers

G

Hello

I have a formatting problem about how to display positive numbers as +.50 and negative numbers as -.50

I use Excel 2000 to show commodities prices. I show the last traded price, the previous price, and then the change. To get that change, i have a simple formula in the cell: =last-pre
The number is always in dollars and cents, but I dont want 0.00 to show, I want just plain 0

I want my positive numbers to show up with a plus sign, to show more clearly that the price went up. So I made a custom format: +#.##;-#.##;
Well that works... BUT.... if the change is +1.00 it shows as +1. without its zeros. That's no good, so I made another custom format: +#.##00;-#.##00;0
Well that works... BUT.... if the change is +.30 it shows as +.300 with too many zeros. That's no good, so I made another custom format: +#.##0;-#.##0;0

So twice a day, I am changing the formats by hand on this darn change column... :

Do you see where I am going with this? Are there any programmers out there who might have a simple code that will automatically format my cells to show positive and negative numbers with the signs, AND the correct number of zeros?

Thank you for your assistance
Beth

G

OHMYGOD that's too simple! But damn if it didn't work on every scenario
I never tried that
+#.00;-#.00;0
I thought the # signs had to go where I didn't want zeros... ::rolls eyes:

You have saved me alot of work - Thank you VERY MUCH !

Ask a Question