Showing Gridlines

I cannot seem to be able to print the gridlines on the part of the paper where there is no typing. I made up columns with headings and that's the only area that the lines are printing. Heeelllllpppp!

Jim Rech

Select the entire range you want to print and then use File, Print Area, Set
Print Area.

David McRitchie

Hi Linda,
See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/gridline.htm
for troubleshooting some problems you may encounter with gridlines.

If you convert to HTML you have another set of problems, due
to empty cells.

Linda T. said:
I cannot seem to be able to print the gridlines on the part of the paper where there is no typing. I made up columns with
headings and that's the only area that the lines are printing. Heeelllllpppp!

Walter Mayes

Linda

What I have done, on occasion, when I want the gridlines to appear on the
whole page is to just put a "." (period) in the last cell of the sheet at
the bottom right of the sheet. Gridlines print on the whole page and the "."
is almost unnoticeable on the printed page.

Walt Mayes

"Linda T." <The Samra Group> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
where there is no typing. I made up columns with

David McRitchie

Ok, I see I did not read the question properly, as you want to
see the gridlines past the lastcell.

That's the kind of thing I just accept. Walter's solution, of course
works, because it changes the last cell. But I was surprised at
Jim's solution that setting the print area would also expand the
area that the gridlines show for.