Should I upgrade to 2002, 2203, neither?

G

I've got an Access 2000 program thats been working just fine. The BE is on a server, and about 6 users, with the front end on their individual desktops, access it concurrently. It's the time of the year when we could budget for an upgrade to the latest greatest-- I guess that would be Access 2003 now. However, "If it's not broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. SHould we upgrade? Will all the old 2000 code still work? THe database gets about 20,000 new records annually.

T

Tony Toews

el zorro said:
I've got an Access 2000 program thats been working just fine. The BE is on a server, and about 6 users, with the front end on their individual desktops, access it concurrently. It's the time of the year when we could budget for an upgrade to the latest greatest-- I guess that would be Access 2003 now. However, "If it's not broke, don't fix it" comes to mind. SHould we upgrade? Will all the old 2000 code still work? THe database gets about 20,000 new records annually.

Take a look and see if you need any new features such as XML.
Otherwise don't bother upgrading. That said yes, your 2000 code
should work just fine.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
read the entire thread of messages.
Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Ask a Question