Shortcut to individual Accounts possible?

Can you make a shortcut that takes you to a specific Outlook account? I have
3 and it would be a lot easier to simply click a shortcut instead of loading
outlook's normal shortcut and then choosing which mail to open.

If gnXfan is referring to the separate email accounts that you can create in
Outlook; then gnXfan has asked the same question I was going to ask. (I have
set up 3 for myself). I see some people call them profiles in these
"Discussions Outlook Install and Configure". It takes a lot of extra steps
to have to close down the one then go and open the Main Outlook Window and
then choose another account/profile wait for it to open etc. I think gnXfan
would like to be able to move from one account/profile to another like you
can in Outlook Express. That is one of the nicer things I miss about OE. I
also don't like the fact that in OUTLOOK 2002 (10.6822.6825) sp3 that the
signature, stationary etc I created for one account/profile is on ever new
email that I open no matter what account/profile I am using. The program
knows enough to download the right email into the right account but can't
differentiate between accounts/profiles when you try to customize them. I
would really be happy if someone could write back and say if you do such and
such the personal changes you make will apply to the account you want it to
and not all of them. Right now I don't have any signatures created. If this
shows up twice I am sorry I clicked on Post and got a window that said the
website was too busy. I went back to the reply page but it would not let me
Post again because I did not write anything new. So here I am writing. I
will chalk this up to a learning experience...

Roady said:
You mean folder?
outlook.exe /select outlook:foldename

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----
gnXfan said:
Can you make a shortcut that takes you to a specific Outlook account? I
have
3 and it would be a lot easier to simply click a shortcut instead of
outlook's normal shortcut and then choosing which mail to open.

Roady [MVP]

Outlook 2003 and 2007 have per account signature configurations.

Separate profiles and accounts isn't the same thing. You can configure
multiple accounts in a single mail profile.

--

gnXfan said:
Can you make a shortcut that takes you to a specific Outlook account?
have
3 and it would be a lot easier to simply click a shortcut instead of
outlook's normal shortcut and then choosing which mail to open.

I apologize I did write Accounts first when it should have been
Profiles/Accounts are made inside of profiles but I still don't how to find
the account once you have created it in the profile. I know that it says you
can do this multiple accounts thing but I don't know where the account goes
to once it is created. I have gone to TOOls selected email accounts and
selected add a new email account. Filled in all the information. Given the
account a new name (different from the Profile the account is created in)
selected a Personel Folder and named it Personal Folders2. Clicked on Finish
and a pop up warning says I have changed where all my email will be stored
and that new inbox, calendar etc will be created for all accounts. I closed
Outlook and then opened my Profile 1 and get a long warning that the location
messsages are delivered to has changed. To complete this operation you may
need to copy etc etc. Then there is the option I chose to have all my
shortcuts copied. When OUTLOOK opens 1st is the Archive Folder, 2nd is my
original personal folders and 3rd the Personel Folders2 is at the bottom with
the standard OUTLOOK Folders. all of my OUTLOOK bar Shortcuts are gone. I
see no mention of the second account. That is why I set up 3 different
Profiles. If you can explain then where both of these accounts can be found.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
Can you make a shortcut that takes you to a specific Outlook account?
have
3 and it would be a lot easier to simply click a shortcut instead of
outlook's normal shortcut and then choosing which mail to open.

Roady [MVP]

All messages from all of your POP3 accounts are delivered to the same
pst-file. There is no need to create a new pst-file and change the default
delivery location (which you did). If you want to more easily distinguish
between mails you've received from the the various POP3 accounts you can use
rules to move them to a different folder, add the Accounts header, use
filtered views, automatic formatting or one of the many other sorting
features available in Outlook. Outlook 2007 adds the option to deliver it to
it's own folder set.

--

Roady said:
Outlook 2003 and 2007 have per account signature configurations.

Separate profiles and accounts isn't the same thing. You can configure
multiple accounts in a single mail profile.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]

-----

: