Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Yeah it does look good

Probs wont get round to seeing it though. Pictures are to expensive I usually only go when theres a big budget film on like Avatar. Now that I wanna see ;)

Reaction score
Haha, yeah Avatar looks awesome !

I actually was meant to see that on Sunday, but I got there and they were sold out :( So I went again last night.. they were sold out again. That's why I ended up seeing Sherlock Holmes instead lol.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Saw the trailer when we went to Avatar, this do look good, think we are going sometime this week.

If you haven't seen Avatar yet, just go. In 3D or if you can IMAX, It is AWESOME! :D

Also saw the railer for Alice in Wonderland, looked surprisingly good too.....

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Yeah it does look good

Probs wont get round to seeing it though. Pictures are to expensive I usually only go when theres a big budget film on like Avatar. Now that I wanna see ;)

I saw Avatar 3D the first day it came out over here....it was fantastic. i wont say any more about it (dont want to spoil it it ) except that i didnt take my eyes off the screen for the full 2hrs and 45 minutes or so.
I know it's really a 12's with adults but i was blown away.

Get yourself off to the movies.lol.

Reaction score
V_R said:
Saw the trailer when we went to Avatar, this do look good, think we are going sometime this week.

If you haven't seen Avatar yet, just go. In 3D or if you can IMAX, It is AWESOME! :D

Also saw the railer for Alice in Wonderland, looked surprisingly good too.....

I had a feeling you'd enjoy Avatar, lol. Best film this year, perhaps.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing both of these films - Sherlock Holmes in particular because there was lots of filming 5 mins walk from where we live :)

Reaction score
Nobody in particular said:
Captain,

What did you think of the film ?

I didn't make it....my mate texted me and said he had summat else to do....might actually go tomorrow.
I'll let ya know then.

Reaction score
Nobody in particular said:
Has anybody seen it yet ??

I went last night to see it. Was surprisingly very very good.

Highly recommend it ! :p

Trailer :

This has nothing to with the film.But in todays Daily Mail there is a center spread re Sherlock Holmes. It shows actors who played him from the early silent films to the very latest movie,very interesting article.
historian

Reaction score
Hi Nobod....i eventually got to see Sherlock and have to say it wasn't a bad movie at all...Not quite as good as Avatar but then Avatar was 3D. I'd say it was only loosely based on the old sherlock though. It kept me quiet for two hours so it must have been good,lol. Yer man Downey is turning out to be a really good actor.

Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi Nobod....i eventually got to see Sherlock and have to say it wasn't a bad movie at all...Not quite as good as Avatar but then Avatar was 3D. I'd say it was only loosely based on the old sherlock though. It kept me quiet for two hours so it must have been good,lol. Yer man Downey is turning out to be a really good actor.

Hi Captain,

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

Yeah, not quite as good as Avatar.

Reaction score
I saw this a few weeks ago, i did want to see it, but really wanted to see avatar more, doing that this wednesday!

I thought the plot was decent, acting was very good along with the script, and the effects i loved.

Good film overall.

Reaction score
Do people go to see a film because of the story,direction ect.Or just for the computer effects.Are the computer effects more important than the story telling?

historian

Reaction score
historian said:
Do people go to see a film because of the story,direction ect.Or just for the computer effects.Are the computer effects more important than the story telling?

historian

It's really all about the story for me....the effects just make things more interesting and also entertaining.
Kind of like a xmas tree and then you put the lights on it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
historian said:

historian

Dunno. I go to be entertained. So whatever it takes, really.

Bottom line is, I think, story takes precedence over effects, though effects blowing me away is very pleasurable. I love that stuff.

Only thing that poxes me off about films really is Hollywood cliches and their view that all Brits are Villains and America is the world's saviour. Total toss.

Reaction score
historian said:

historian

I'm actually quite a fan of Sherlock Holmes, I've read a few of the books and I like the sories.

But I suppose wit th effects, it made it a great film.

Ask a Question