SHDOCVW.dll

Mike

I downloaded a critical update. Now when I restart the
computer I get the following: "Explorer.exe - Unable to
Locate Component / Application failed to start because
SHDOCVW.dll was ot found. Reinstalling may fix this
problem." After this, nothing will appear on the
monitor, only a blank blue screen. Any ideas how to fix
this ??? Thanks.

spmarietti

I have the same exact problem occurring. I downloaded a
critical update and the same message comes up. I also have
the same exact blue screen. I've tried to go into safe
mode with no success as well. It won't go into my Windows
menu screen.

Please help.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

1. Quit all programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type: regsvr32 Shdocvw.dll , and then click OK.
4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in shdocvw.dll succeeded" message, click OK.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Mike" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message:

| I downloaded a critical update. Now when I restart the
| computer I get the following: "Explorer.exe - Unable to
| Locate Component / Application failed to start because
| SHDOCVW.dll was ot found. Reinstalling may fix this
| problem." After this, nothing will appear on the
| monitor, only a blank blue screen. Any ideas how to fix
| this ??? Thanks.

Skip

Go to ADD/REMOVE programs in control panel, and if the
said critical update is listed there,remove it. If not
there, try a system restore dated before said update was
installed. If none of this helps go to....
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?shdocvw
.....about middle of page click the blue message "click
here to go to download of shdocvw.dll"...Good luck.