Sharing

Joshua A. Booker

Hi,

Has anyone figured out how to share BCM data yet?

The notion that this was designed for small companies who don't have a
network is rediculous. I consult with the smallest of Non-Profit orgs with
tiny budgets and everyone of them has networking.

Designers obviously went through a lot of trouble to kill BCM if replication
or Exchange is enabled and to restrict it to MSDE. Come-On Microsoft
there's a HUGE, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC gap between users of this product and of
the CRM product so you won't lose any CRM sales by enabling Exchange and
replication features in this product.

You may lose them to Act! or others though.

I'm certain people would even pay good money for the sharing features. The
fact that it could upsize to CRM could even be a way to channel growing
companies into the CRM product.

Just my 2 cents...anyone agree?

TIA,
Josh

Bob Cooley

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your feedback regarding sharing in BCM. We have gotten quite a
bit of feedback from other professionals like yourself about sharing. Rest
assured this is on the list for a future version of BCM, so stay tuned.

Regards,

Bob Cooley, MCSE
Supportability Program Manager
for Outlook & BCM
--------------------
| From: "Joshua A. Booker" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Sharing
| Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:40:35 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
|
| Hi,
|
| Has anyone figured out how to share BCM data yet?
|
| The notion that this was designed for small companies who don't have a
| network is rediculous. I consult with the smallest of Non-Profit orgs
with
| tiny budgets and everyone of them has networking.
|
| Designers obviously went through a lot of trouble to kill BCM if
replication
| or Exchange is enabled and to restrict it to MSDE. Come-On Microsoft
| there's a HUGE, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC gap between users of this product and
of
| the CRM product so you won't lose any CRM sales by enabling Exchange and
| replication features in this product.
|
| You may lose them to Act! or others though.
|
| I'm certain people would even pay good money for the sharing features.
The
| fact that it could upsize to CRM could even be a way to channel growing
| companies into the CRM product.
|
| Just my 2 cents...anyone agree?
|
| TIA,
| Josh

Joshua A. Booker

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell us when the next version with sharing
might be released?

TIA,
Josh

Bob Cooley

Sorry Josh,

I cannot tell you when that will be, unfortunately. I can tell you that it
is HIGH on the list for the next release of BCM - pretty much the most
requested feature, honestly. Stay tuned.

Regards,

Bob Cooley, MCSE
Supportability Program Manager
for Outlook & BCM
--------------------
| From: "Joshua A. Booker" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Sharing
| Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:34:02 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.bcm
|
| Bob,
|
| Thanks for the reply. Can you tell us when the next version with sharing
| might be released?
|
| TIA,
| Josh
|
| | > Hi Josh,
| >
| > Thanks for your feedback regarding sharing in BCM. We have gotten
quite a
| > bit of feedback from other professionals like yourself about sharing.
| Rest
| > assured this is on the list for a future version of BCM, so stay tuned.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Bob Cooley, MCSE
| > Supportability Program Manager
| > for Outlook & BCM
| > --------------------
| > | From: "Joshua A. Booker" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: Sharing
| > | Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:40:35 -0400
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.bcm

cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!tk2msftngp13
| > phx.gbl
| > |
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | Has anyone figured out how to share BCM data yet?
| > |
| > | The notion that this was designed for small companies who don't have a
| > | network is rediculous. I consult with the smallest of Non-Profit orgs
| > with
| > | tiny budgets and everyone of them has networking.
| > |
| > | Designers obviously went through a lot of trouble to kill BCM if
| > replication
| > | or Exchange is enabled and to restrict it to MSDE. Come-On Microsoft
| > | there's a HUGE, ENORMOUS, GIGANTIC gap between users of this product
and
| > of
| > | the CRM product so you won't lose any CRM sales by enabling Exchange
and
| > | replication features in this product.
| > |
| > | You may lose them to Act! or others though.
| > |
| > | I'm certain people would even pay good money for the sharing features.
| > The
| > | fact that it could upsize to CRM could even be a way to channel
growing
| > | companies into the CRM product.
| > |
| > | Just my 2 cents...anyone agree?
| > |
| > | TIA,
| > | Josh
| > |
| > |
| > |

Joshua A. Booker

Bob,

Has your group seen the new Act! 2005 for Workgroups? It uses SQL Server
and is designed for up to 100 users to share data and security.

If that's not your competition then what is?

I hope you are working on the sharing in BCM fast because they beat you to
it.

To me, it seems like a very poor decision to prevent sharing in the first
version. Any chance of an imediate patch similar to the exchange patch? I
have several clients who are ready for contact management, but can't afford
CRM or are not ready for Sales force process automation. Without a patch,
these companies will have to buy Act! 2005 which channnels them into
Saleslogix rather than MS CRM as they grow.

Sadly,
Josh