Sharing a concern

Reaction score
I have been informed tonight by my sons mother that she and one other member and and her boyfriend have been diagnosed with swine flu. For this reason I am unable to see him this week due to quarantine for the next week.

My feelings?

Devastated, Worried, Angry, Hurt, but most of hoping with all my being that she is not dispicable enough to lie about something as serious as this. I would not put it past her to be honest.

Of course my main concern is My prince, Lucas.

It's going to be hard and the next few days will be sleepless......

Reaction score
Extremely sorry to hear that dude...i hope everything will be fine. If it's true at least it has been diagnosed and the doc's are on the case...i think Tamiflu is stopping it in its tracks.
I know it would be silly to say dont worry cos Your mind will be in turbo for the next while.Every parents worst nightmare. Best of luck
Fingers crossed for ya man.:)

Zzzzz

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that TD and hope the whole thing passes by uneventfully.

But do remember the Press have blown this thing out of all proportion and Swine Flu is just another strain of flu.

The media are reporting every death as it's good headlines for them. If every death from flu was reported in the newspapers they'd have to have a daily obit flu column.

The advice to stop it spreading is lots of hand washing and where possible isolation and treatment is exactly the same as for any conventional flu - bed and a lem-sip.

So although it's difficult try not to worry. And good luck :)

Reaction score
Yeah i understand. Just he's only just coming upto 2 so I can't help worrying.

Not having him here with me tuesday/wednesday will also take its toll :(

Just got to keep myself busy try make the week fly by I guess

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Chin up mate. Will keep me fingers crossed for you and the little one.

happywave.gif

Ask a Question