Shared workbook opened in Excel 2002 on a Wk2 server with terminal services & opened Excel 97 on a N

G

We have NT Ternminal Servers that have Excel 97, and we are also running W2k servers with Terminal services running that has Excel XP 2002. Shared workbooks were created in Excel 97. Now that we are implementing Xp, users are pulling up the Shared Workbook in both versions. Sometimes this works with no issues. But sometimes, the user in Excel 2002 will save and the other users will never see the update (even if the doc is closed and re-opened). No errors are given. I cannot purposely re-create the problem. Tonight was the first night I was able to see it happen. I brought up the shared workbook in Excel 97 and then in Excel 2002. I made a change in 2002 and hit save. No problem, but then I returned to 97 and hit save and it did not get the update. Several users were in the shared workbook as I could see this in the 97 by Tools>Share workbook, but when I looked to see who had it open in the 2002 version, it only showed myself. So I can now tell if there will be a problem, but I have no idea what is causing the problem or how to resolve???

Also, we were having problems when the shared workbook was opened in both versions, and when the 2002 user saved, and then the 97 users saved, they (97 users) would receive error (Not enough memory) and then close out of Excel. The XP users would not get booted out, only the 97 users. I found that the workbook was password protected and read on the Microsoft website, that the password can cause issues. So I removed the password.

We no longer receive any errors in Excel 97 and it no longer closes out, but we still have the issue where sometimes the 2002 user's data will not save.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you:)
~Hollie Clay

Ask a Question