shading data in rows

Jamie

I have a large work sheet that contains status info on multiple jobs. Each
job is updated each week. Each row is a separate job. Each Column is the week
endings date. What i'm looking at doing is creating a "watermark" type thing
that can be put on each row. Basically an employee makes a projection when
they will finish the job in the early stages of the job, and I want to have
that information displayed in the background of the row while still updating
the row every week with the status of the job, so i'm going to be typing in
the cells of each row but still want a "watermark" type thing behind the data
i'm typing with the orriginal projection. So using just a watermark won't
help since each rown needs a different one. Is this possible? I am using
version 2003. If there isn't a built in function to do this with Excel is
there an add-in that will facilitate it? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Jamie

Jim Cone

The employee could insert a comment in a single cell in each row that would contain the original completion date.
The Insert menu has the insert comment feature.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA