Type: REG_MULTI_SZ
Data: C:\W2K-SP4

Value 4
Name: ServicePackCachePath
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\W2K-SP4\i386

Value 5
Name: ServicePackSourcePath
Type: REG_SZ
Data: D:

Value 6
Name: SourcePath
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\W2K-SP4\I386

dcdon

If you are meaning your COMMAND Prompt -------

CMD /K <<--------------------------------------

What exactly did you attempt ???
The registry must done with proper entries, or you will need to FORMAT.

The very first thing you should do when making anykind of unproven entry is --------

Make an ERD and a FULL BACKUP with SYSTEM STATE checked <<---------

If the wrap screws this post up, I hope it makes some sense.

good computing,
don
------------

"Québec" <to the group> wrote in message Hi everybody,

My cdm prompt seems corrupted.

I have installed slipstreamed SPA on my drive with win2000 i386 folder.
When I try to ru sfc /scannow it ask for the cd and tells me that it is the
wrong cd.

I have changed my registrey keys
Value 3
Name: Installation Sources
Type: REG_MULTI_SZ
Data: C:\W2K-SP4

Value 4
Data: C:\W2K-SP4\i386

Value 5
Data: D:

Value 6
Name: SourcePath
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\W2K-SP4\I386

dcdon

And it did just what I thought....

First thing you should do is ------------------------------------

Make an ERD + Full Backup (incl. SystemState)<-----

And that's is before you do any fancy foot work in the Windows Explorer also (except for
changes to Data, of course)

**And I believe "slip streaming" is placing the Service Pack in the CD bundle and burning a
CD-R of all of it. and that would install your SP, when installing the OS.

good computing,
don
------------------

Data: C:\W2K-SP4

Value 4
Data: C:\W2K-SP4\i386

Value 5
Data: D:

Value 6
Name: SourcePath
Type: REG_SZ
Data: C:\W2K-SP4\I386

Québec

well,

yes
............. ?

I tought ERD was for win 98

I restarted, shuted down, it all comes back.

This script should work and it does not. CMD is not ok.
============
@echo off
set /a size_of_file1= %~z1
set /a size_of_file2=%~z2

echo.
echo File 1 [%1] size is %size_of_file1%
echo File 2 [%2] size is %size_of_file2%
echo.
if not exist %2 goto erreur
@echo on
if %size_of_file1% GTR %size_of_file2% echo File 1 is larger than File 2.
if %size_of_file1% EQU %size_of_file2% echo File 1 is same size as File 2.
if %size_of_file1% LSS %size_of_file2% echo File 1 is smaller than File 2.

if %size_of_file1% GTR %size_of_file2% copy %1 C:\learnJava\RemindMe\back /Y
goto EOF
:erreur
echo Le deuxième fichier n'existe pas.
:EOF

============

dcdon

ERD = Emergency Repair Disk

Full backup = held on HDD in case of troubles just after untried Registry Edits, Installing
Service Packs, and hotpatches, Installing unknown applications (like QuickTime and Java) on a
clone. Sometime things just don't work out, and I don't those "oh dammits", so I do those
things methodically. But sometime things work out like the burglars answer to the judge, when
he answered, "Well judge, at the time, I thought it was the right thing for me to do".

I don't know all of what you have done.

What I said earlier was to "slipstream" say SP4 into a W2K install the SP is placed in the
i386 folder with the entire contents of the W2K CD on the HDD. After the insertion, simply
burn another CD. If you wanted to have SP3 for instance and only a part of the security and
hotpatches of SP4, if it were me, I would slip stream SP3 and place the others in another
media, until they are proven, and then they could be placed in the slipstream folder. Check
out the KB(s) below.

KB271791 shows slipstreaming SP1 into the install (same for SP3 or 4)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271791&Product=win2000

KB185836 shows SFC, here is one knowledge base article
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;185836&

good computing.
don

"Québec" <to the group> wrote in message well,

yes