"sfc /scannow" does not run: error code 0x000006ba

Hi Guys,
The System File Checker command refuses to run. I've
copied the exact error message text below.

Any Ideas?
Thanks!
Tom

<snip>
C:\>sfc /scannow
Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of
protected system files.

The specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC server is
unavailable.
].
<end snip>

Tom Meagher

Hi Again, I originated this (forgot to fill in my name).
I thought I'd add the following points:

1.) XP otherwise runs fine.
2.) The RPC service status shows up as running.
3.) The RPC Locator is stopped, but starting it doesn't
seem to help.

Thanks!
Tom

David H. Lipman

Tom:

Try...

sfc /scannow /quiet

Reboot the PC.

Dave

| Hi Again, I originated this (forgot to fill in my name).
| I thought I'd add the following points:
|
| 1.) XP otherwise runs fine.
| 2.) The RPC service status shows up as running.
| 3.) The RPC Locator is stopped, but starting it doesn't
| seem to help.
|
| Thanks!
| Tom

lolololo

David said:
Tom:

Try...

sfc /scannow /quiet

Reboot the PC.

Dave

"Tom Meagher" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
| Hi Again, I originated this (forgot to fill in my name).
| I thought I'd add the following points:
|
| 1.) XP otherwise runs fine.
| 2.) The RPC service status shows up as running.
| 3.) The RPC Locator is stopped, but starting it doesn't
| seem to help.
|
| Thanks!
| Tom

Try