Setting up Yahoo business email with Outlook 2007

Edward64

I am trying to set up my business email from yahoo with Outlook 2007. I
followed all the instruction from yahoo to set up the new account in outlook
but I cannot receive nor send any email. When I tried to send a email, I got
the error message "The operation failed. An object cannot be found."
Please help.

Gordon

Edward64 said:
I am trying to set up my business email from yahoo with Outlook 2007. I
followed all the instruction from yahoo to set up the new account in
outlook
but I cannot receive nor send any email. When I tried to send a email, I
got
the error message "The operation failed. An object cannot be found."
Please help.

Err you use Yahoo mail for a BUSINESS? Would YOU do business with someone
who uses a free webmail account?

N. Miller

Err you use Yahoo mail for a BUSINESS? Would YOU do business with someone
who uses a free webmail account?

Where did OP say he was using a free Yahoo! Webmail account? Would you know
I was using Yahoo! mail servers if I sent you email using my 'aosake.net'
domain?

If I showed you just the header bar in Windows Live Mail, you would see the
sender as '********@aosake.net', and the recipient as '********@live.ccom'.
So it came through the 'aosake.net' servers, right? Couldn't go through any
other servers, right? Impossible to use the Yahoo! servers, right?

| From: "N. Miller" <********@aosake.net>
| To: <********@live.com>
| Subject: [TEST] Which server?
| Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 12:01:44 -0700

Yahoo! will register your domain (though I am using GoDaddy), and host your
email on their servers. For a fee, of course. Not all things Yahoo! are
free, or in the 'yahoo.com' domain.

Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]

Err you use Yahoo mail for a BUSINESS? Would YOU do business with someone
who uses a free webmail account?

Rather an ignorant statement. Yahoo SELLS business domains and accounts.

Gordon

Brian Tillman said:
Rather an ignorant statement. Yahoo SELLS business domains and accounts.

Then the OP is NOT setting up a "yahoo" email address then is he?
Just like my email is not from the host that hosts MY business domain.....

Gordon

Edward64 said:
I am trying to set up my business email from yahoo with Outlook 2007. I
followed all the instruction from yahoo to set up the new account in
outlook
but I cannot receive nor send any email. When I tried to send a email, I
got
the error message "The operation failed. An object cannot be found."
Please help.

So if you have purchased a domain hosted by Yahoo, which you did NOT
specify, you have paid for support. You need to get Yahoo to sort out the
problem.

N. Miller

Then the OP is NOT setting up a "yahoo" email address then is he?

He never mentioned setting up a "Yahoo!" email address. He said,
specifically, "I am trying to set up my business email from yahoo ...";
implication, if you knew that Yahoo! sold business accounts, and domains,
being that Yahoo! will host his business email, not provide him with a
'yahoo.com' email address.
Just like my email is not from the host that hosts MY business domain.....

Not your email address; but surely your email service.