Service Pack 4

Manel

I have my computer with operating system 2000 Pro sp3.
When I try install sp4 I receive the following message.

the core system file(kernel) used to start this computer
is not a Microsoft Windows file.

Would you help me?

Thanks

Manel

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi

I understand that you are unable to install the Windows 2000 SP4. the
system displays the error message:
The core system file (kernel) used to start this computer is not a
Microsoft Windows file.

This behavior may occur if the computer has a modified version of the
Ntoskrnl.exe file that uses the /KERNEL switch in the Boot.ini file. This
condition may exist because the computer has a third-party program.

To resolve the issue, please perform the following steps:

1. Restore the original ntoskrnl file
2. Remove the /kernel switch in boot.ini file.

Hope it resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Rashmi