Service Pack 2 Beta / Pupop blocker allow list

G

Hello,
I am testing Service Pack 2 beta for Windows XP. I trully believe this service pack is mainly oriented for home users, due to the lack of control on updates, antivirus and understanding on "What not to install" on their home PCs. That is just my personal opinion.

I have a few computers including myself under the test. So far, I am very satisfied with the results.

My question is more directed to the experts: How can we push with GPO an "website allow list" for the popup blocker to the computers in our corporation. Please keep in mind we have a 2000 ADS, not moving any time soon to 2003 ADS. We currently have most of our application web based and half of the using Java initiator, which many use popup technology to display reports, etc. I am really not looking forward to touch every PC when the time comes. It would be more convenient if this can be done on the Windows settings, instead of User settings.

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Questions regarding SP2 should be posted in one of the appropriate SP2 beta newsgroups.

Welcome to Windows XP SP2 Technical Preview Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=xpsp2&slcid=us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Hello,
| I am testing Service Pack 2 beta for Windows XP. I trully believe this service pack is mainly oriented for
home users, due to the lack of control on updates, antivirus and understanding on "What not to install" on
their home PCs. That is just my personal opinion.
|
| I have a few computers including myself under the test. So far, I am very satisfied with the results.
|
| My question is more directed to the experts: How can we push with GPO an "website allow list" for the popup
blocker to the computers in our corporation. Please keep in mind we have a 2000 ADS, not moving any time soon
to 2003 ADS. We currently have most of our application web based and half of the using Java initiator, which
many use popup technology to display reports, etc. I am really not looking forward to touch every PC when the
time comes. It would be more convenient if this can be done on the Windows settings, instead of User settings.

Ask a Question