Server Performance

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just made some performance tweaks in the last few mins (the server may have been out of reach for about 20 seconds), so I do appologise.

When I logged on the site was as slow as a slug, possibly because of some high spider activity which I am trying to pin down. In the meantime I've made a few performance tweaks which should be a boost, I hope :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I noticed it a bit slow around 3.30 - 4 earlier, seems better now though. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
feckit said:
"some high spider activity" :confused:

:lol: I suppose that does sound strange! It is search engine "spiders" that "crawl" websites to index pages in them :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just had a few slow moments....

I see in the online users list there is a lot of Yahoo slurp spiders always here. Is that what is slowing it down?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be, I'm trying to sort it now but it's proving hard :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to be working on this throught the night to get sorted, as I'm going to have to move some applications from server 1 to server 2. There shouldn't be any downtime though :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Speed should be better as the move went smoothly - although how much of an effect it has still needs to be seen.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've made the last tweaks I can think of as the server load is even higher today :eek: I've enabled all of the caching options I can possibly do - fingers crossed everyone :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The performance tweaks made yesterday resulted in some unstability last night, so I've just updated PHP to solve this problem. Sorry for the 5 mins downtime :blush:

Ask a Question