Serious Sam 3: BFE

Reaction score
The game we've all been seriously waiting for :)

PC version is slated to be released first (orig supposed to be this summer), then console versions some time after that, so maybe this'll be a PC port :)

Note: if you don't have a youtube account, you'll get an age restriction page with this one, if you don't want to bother with a youtube account, just watch it on the Steam SS3 page below.

Steam Serious Sam 3 page with the top and bottom vids in this post.

This one I'm looking forward to :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Now i'm undecided about this, it looks like it might be fun, but i'm not sure.... I'll wait and see with this one. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Having just played the first two encounters through in HD on Steam, I'd say this is virtually a 'must-have' for me.

With a coupla provisos though: a) The reviews are good b) I'll wait until it comes down in price

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Definitely a buy for me! Old school gaming reflexes are gonna get a workout with this. :D

Reaction score
It's sounding better and better:

You're still going to be surrounded by enemies, pretty much all of the time. Right away, you'll find yourself circle-strafing, trying to avoid those pesky beheaded kamikazes, deadly bombs held high in each hand. Even set to the "normal" setting "Sam 3" is a rather difficult game, but honestly, if Croteam had dumb down the difficulty, it would have been a major disappointment. I want to feel like I could die at any moment, and well – you will.

The series also hasn't given up the old-school shooter's lack of cover. If you've grown accustom to ducking behind conveniently placed walls and barrels in today's games, get ready for a jarring experience. "Sam 3" doesn't just continue the always moving, always shooting gameplay of its predecessors, it ratchets it up with destructible environments. The first time a giant, horned bull-beast comes crashing through a wall, you'll find yourself aware that there's quite literally nowhere to hide.

While I've enjoyed almost all of the changes to be found in "Sam 3," there is one new feature I'm less than pleased with: reloading. I recognize that it's a small issue, and that it's practically insane not to include a reload function in today's games, but – well, it's a small touch of realism that feels out of place.

"Serious Sam 3: BFE" feels like everything "Duke Nukem Forever" should have been. It's old-school without completely disregarding the need to update to today's standards. The game is due out sometime this summer, which is about over, so hopefully it's soon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• temp_ss3.jpg
    temp_ss3.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 412

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I always missed the reload function in all of the SS games, kept forgetting and tapping 'r' but nothing happened, lol, you just kept firing til you ran out of ammo and then it auto-switched to next weapon. Which wasn't always the best choice of weapon to suit circumstances.

Almost finished SS2 again atm, playing those TV games, currently rolling ball through hoops of fire. SS2 ok but just doesn't have the same feel as the first two.

If any of youse want to play SS2 again it plays fine in Win 7 64 Bit but be sure to visit Croteam site and patch it.

I'm definitely enjoying retro games more than current crop which I find very disappointing.

Tonight, just spent two hours playing Infinite Undiscovery on Xbox 360, quite frustrating in places, save points too far apart but that's the way of all games now innit? Oh for the luxury of being able to save whenever the hell you want to.... instead of all this console crap dictating gameplay even for PC games

Reaction score
This one shows some good views of the game play. This one's age-restricted though, so you'll need to be logged into your youtube acct.

Ask a Question