Sent items in outbox

G

This isn't a suggestion but a question. I have been trying to use Outlook 2003 but keep coming up with a problem. Every time I send an e-mail it shows up in my "outbox" as not being sent. When I click on the SEND button it get a message indicating it was sent but the it goes to the outbox, not the sent items folder, and since it is in italics in the outbox, from the online and offline help, I take that it was not sent. Also when I go to close Outlook I am told there are messages in my outbox that haven't been sent. So I go to send them and the same thing happens. All my message that were in my ISP's e-mail services inbox have been transfered to my Outlook inbox fine so I know that some part of this program works. I have been working online each time so it's not because I have been woking offline.Why is this happening and how do I resolve it. The offline and online help has not been any help at all
Mary Moon

L

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]

Italics indicate that the message is waiting to be sent (non-italics means
it won't be sent). If you click send/receive does it generate any errors?
Have you verified your SMTP (outbound) server settings are correct with your
ISP?

G

I don't get errors when I click on Send. I get an icon on my task bar inicadting that it is getting sent then I get a message that is was sent. I haven't thought about making sure my SMTP is configured corretly. Before, when I had Outlook 2000 and XP, I also had a different ISP and the set up was automatic. I'm going to check with my current service, I hope I get a response :), and see what I need to configure to get Outlook to work
Thanks!

Ask a Question